Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2012, 09:55   #1

Saying hello to a new world!

So, even though am a 2011 born BHPian, it's taken me over a year for my first steps - more like a leap now!

Hi, I am from Delhi, work in a real estate firm in Gurgaon. Passionate about dogs, reading, traveling, gadgets; cars and bikes have been a dormant interest which picked up post marriage.

As a child, I grew up watching my dad tinkering with first the Morris and then the Fiat Premier Padmini. Many a weekend afternoon were spent hauling jugs of water to and fro from the first floor to 'cool' down a steaming radiator. Some trips also found us looking for a lost carburetor! Having said that, I have wonderful memories of the Fiat. I remember taking extended weekend trips with family all over the countryside and never experiencing a breakdown (in retrospect, it happened very rarely).

I learnt driving on Shanti Path on that same Fiat. And even though I rammed it in a Wagon R once, it didn't get even a scratch and hence no proof that I banged the car,

Sadly, it's now made a scrap dealer very happy.

From the Padmini, we moved to an UNO (yes, dad's been a loyalist to Fiat until recently - he's bought a post retirement gift for himself - a Vento).

Post marriage too, haven't really come around to owning a ride but have my eyes on a certain SUV X Sedan = X6 (drool). Who cares about functionality?!

I know I may not find many supporters for my 'aspiration', but it's not as I can afford it !! Had a typical school girl crush on Pajero until they launched the dual tone (yuck!). But, just cant seem to get over the X6.

Have driven a hatch and a sedan, now I think its time to graduate to an SUV, uhh, maybe a mini. Am quite small - in height and hence a Rio, Yeti or even an X1, there I go with Beemer again. What's with me today??

Why BHP? Hmm, husband's a major petrolhead and contributor (in that order). Apart from the auto world, the forum is something he's been extremely passionate about. And curiosity got the better of me. I realized after a point that not only am I referencing here but am also on the perpetual look out for stickers on the road. I can safely say, a lot of spotting has been done by moi,

And with that I hope to be a part of the community for a long long time.

Note from Mod team: Please avoid using special characters OR copy pasting from external Font editors without a Preview. Edited for poor readability

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th October 2012 at 10:37.
prizm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 13:48   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Saying hello to a new world!

Welcome onboard!!
oh wait, Kudos on your first post, rather.
The X6, eh? Well, as everyone here on the forum knows, Love IS blind.
But I have to agree, Its one brute of a car.

Enjoy your stay, and do go through the announcements section and the forum rules.

Cheerios!
Old 4th October 2012, 14:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

A Lady BHPian! Welcome Ma'am! Nothing wrong in your love for the X-(S)UV , albeit all the niggles. Hell, what is perfect in this world! I believe you are not the lone BHPian couple here. Happy family BHPing.

Enjoy your stay, drive with seat belts on and follow rules (both on road and in TBHP ).

Happy miles.
Old 4th October 2012, 16:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard (well, a year ago) TBHP, and glad you finally decided to start posting. It is always nice to have ladies because they give us guys a different view point. As they say, it takes all sorts to make a world and we are benefited by it.

See you were very loyal to Fiat, but you are now fixated on SUV's. To be honest, not a great fixation of mine. Have driven some truly amazing SUV's though and still think the Land Cruiser is the best off roader bar none, though the X series from BMW do look way better.

We look forward to lots of interesting posts from you and your hubby.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks