Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2012, 17:26   #1

wah wah whroom

Hello everyone. A big thanks to TBHP team to give me an oppurtunity to be a part of this community. i just love the fact that i can just shoot a question, read my heart out, ogle at those awesome pictures anytime i want when i am in here. i have been following this community very closely for about an year now and i think i can now contribute some of my own.

i would like to give a quick introduction. my name is Nikhil and i am from Mumbai. i own a 1974 std 350 RE and a 1983 Yezdi 250 classic. i have booked a Yeti 4x2 Active last week and eagerly waiting for the keys. i also drive a 1998 Maruti Zen and a Bajaj Pulsar which are my fathers. i like the laid back driving style and mostly drive in the city with occasional trips to our native place which is about 2 hours from Mumbai.

Once again i really appreciate the TBHP team to come up with this awesome idea to bring together everyone with the same passion to ride and talk about their experiences. some of us on here are experts, some are getting there and some just love to hang out with the first two. i am the third type.

I take a pledge to honour the rules of this closely knit family and forever inspire and be inspired all through my journey. thats it from me my friends. i am getting into 1st gear now.
nikhill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 16:52   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: wah wah whroom

Welcome Nikhil.

Pledge to honour the rules! I must say that's the first time i've heard someone say this on the forum! I like your spirit.

Have a great time here.
Old 12th October 2012, 17:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the team Nikhil, you have 2 much adored beauties, the Bullet and the Java. How about some pics and a writeup in the Motorcycle section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhill View Post
i also drive a 1998 Maruti Zen and a Bajaj Pulsar which are my fathers.
I think you meant father's
Just pulling your leg, good old fresher leg pulling style. hee hee

I have been hooked on for 7 years now with 6 years as a member and each day i learn something new.
Old 13th October 2012, 17:26   #4

Thanks guys.
@Tejas: like they say driving is not a right , its a privielege. i believe the same goes for folks who wanna be part of this community. Also, you got a nice fleet in your garage. i am mighty impressed. Please let me know if you ever want a quick hand at cleaning those, i would be eager to help you out on that.

@Sammyboy: I am not much of a writer, infact i am way to lazy for that. i sure can get pics from all angles and post them. i might as well get some good feedback on those rides.
and yes, they belong to my Father's is what i meant. good one though.
nikhill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 21:34   #5
BHPian

Welcome, Nikhill, and congarts on the Yeti acquisition! Am a new member like you and and am awaiting the mods approving and posting my introduction post. Have mentioned in that how the Yeti is playing traunt with my mind and financial calculations! Where did you book yours and what was the OTR price?

Happy and safe riding!

Cheers!
Old 14th October 2012, 21:51   #6

Thanks buddy. i could only afford this toy when they announced the special price of 11.99 octroi less. i got mine from Senator after they gave me an additional 50 k off on the OTR. so the total OTR for me was 13.94. But i think it will be worth it cos i didnt really like the cars in the segment below and would have been a compromise. the D1's were way out of my budget, although i did stretch my budget for the Yeti. if i compare it to the top end Duster the price diff comes to around 60-70k more for the yeti but then again the yeti comes with a 2L TDI and plus the waiting on the duster was beyond my patience. But the Yeti is bang on for me and i think i got plain lucky that everything clicked in time for me to pick up this toy. Let me know if i can help you with any other details.
Old 18th October 2012, 20:30   #7
BHPian

Hi Nikhil, the Yeti was something I had considered seriously, but the price drop happened recently, and I was frankly not keeping a track of the market at that time. I look forward to your impressions of the vehicle post delivery. Thanks for welcoming me to Team-BHP as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed