Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2012, 01:41   #1

Thanks for having me here..!!!

Firstly, Thank you Team-BHP for all the hard work; the sincere, honest, detailed but yet to the point reviews. Whenever I had an issue with my family cars or any friends car I would simply google the cars name not forgetting to mention Team-BHP and I would get loads of knowledge about that particular car, never needed to look anywhere else.

Hi guys, I am Marlon, 28 years old. I live in Andheri, Mumbai. A ex-Geology student from St. Xaviers College. Currently I am working as a Petroleum Geologist in the Oil and Gas Industry for a company named Schlumberger. My work involves the Real time analysis and interpretation of Hydro Carbons during drilling on the offshore rig. My work schedule is a month on and a month off basis. On my month off I never miss any opportunity to go on looong drives and at any given time my eyes are fixed to the Team-BHP site. Trekking, swimming, machines & music interest me a lot so does food. I love driving to different parts of our country for a holidays and I don’t miss out on the search for the local delicacies especially the home made food joints.

I love the car we had, right from the days I started driving as a young college student, the good old Fiat Padmini (1993) (my dads car) where a non A/C car was such a luxury then, with the roller handles to put down your glass window to the A/C and power windowed Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 (2008) which I presently own. Besides this I own a Hyundai i10 Auto (2010), Bajaj Pulsar 180cc (2003) and a Royal Enfield Classic 500 (2011). I am very tempted to sell my Palio for one of the newer feature packed / powerful engine cars of the road.

I don’t really remember when I first started reading through the threads on t-bhp, but all my thanks to google for it. Soon I started getting more and more engrossed in the site with some brilliant ownership reviews, test drives and feedbacks..(sometimes I would be reading through for so many hours that I would eventually say damn I’m not even going to buy that car, why the hell did I spend so much time on it ). To make things even more interesting for me was that there were good thought off questions asked by fellow members which often covered all aspects and what was really nice that when someone bought a new car, he was congratulated for it (and not discouraged).

Thanks for having me here.
Marlon Dias.
Old 6th October 2012, 07:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Thanks for having me here..!!!

Welcome aboard tbhp. Nice to see such a diverse group and you adding to it.

Am sure you are like most of us here. Petrol flows through your veins rather than blood.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed