Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2012, 22:09   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP!

Hello Everyone.

I am a IT Engineer (Nerd), who graduated in Computer Science, but has surprisingly been interested in Mechanical Machines as well. I live in a 'Cloud-burst' prone city which is often referred to as the Financial Capital of our mis-treated Country and I work with one of the top and possibly the most people friendly IT organization in the Country. Generically I am also known as an HCL-ite. In archaeological terms, I am on the absolutely right side of 30.

I started off with a Bike (TVS Fiero) & reached a state where I understood its workings, components, fittings etc. After several years of a comfortable ride, I met with a two-wheeler accident that left me with a fracture in my foot. This prompted my first purchase of a four wheeler, and I haven't looked back ever since.

My first four wheeler was a Maruti 800, which I used for about 3 years. It was a very satisfying vehicle, requiring very low maintenance, and these 3 years were very much hassle free. A theft in the car (The 800 could be opened very easily with a wire), led us to upgrade to another car. Around the same time, my parents had a road accident (Outside India) where the key factors for their safety was the Airbags in the vehicle.

We got ourselves a Swift ZXi in exchange. I perused this very same Forum, went through ownership reviews, feature lists, compared purchase costs and running costs of various vehicles, and finally decided that Maruti was the way to go. A very small plus was the fact that the Swift was then (and is still) one of the best self driven Hatchbacks. Another 3.5 years of a comfortable ride passed, and with a growing family, a Hatchback was now low on space. Outstation trips started increasing in frequency and over the last one year we were on the look for a decent yet largish family vehicle.

It was the 1st of April this year, and we landed up at our regular Maruti showroom to book a Swift Desire ZDi (I know it sounds weird, but we had some solid logic behind this) and the Ertiga had just been launched. I was carrying some money to book the car. Fortunately for us, the showroom had a vehicle on display, everyone liked it immediately, and we ended the day booking a Ertiga ZDi (Charcoal Gray). Delivery was slow, to be polite, and I received the vehicle in the end of August. So far I have done approx 3500 kms in the Ertiga, and it has been a pleasant experience.

I plan on adding my thread on this forum, around the small projects I am undertaking (Scotchgard-ing the car at present) to enhance my experience around the Ertiga, and if there is any need, I may create an ownership review as well for the benefit of the numerous readers and guests.

My technical skills around vehicles is not very accurate or by-the-book, but if you would like to ask me any queries around these two cars, do go ahead.

Thank you for reading this post and have a great day!
latentpotential is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 22:15   #2

Re: Hello Team-BHP!

Welcome aboard Mr. HCL. we have a lot of folks from Mumbai joining in the community lately. i wouldn't be surprised if we happen to be neighbors. i have owned a Maruti Z
nikhill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 14:15   #3
BHPian

Hearty Congratulations Latentpotential and Welcome to Team-Bhp.

Kindly spare a moment and go through rules and regulations.

Sorry to hear about the accident.
Hope you, family and ride are fine now.

Ertiga is indeed a practical and intelligent choice, considering :-

(a) Sedan like driving experience.
(b) Maruti after sales service.
(c) High resale value.

Looking forward to your ownership review.

Thanks for sharing.
Have a nice day.!
palash987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 21:31   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Hello Everyone.
I work with one of the top and possibly the most people friendly IT organization in the Country. Generically I am also known as an HCL-ite.
Hello Sir, Welcome aboard.
Even I am a newbie here.
I have just finished my Engineering and am placed in HCL Technologies.
Great to see another person working for HCL Technologies

Congrats on your Ertiga sir. Wishing Many more smiles with your Maruti Suzuki
turbospool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 08:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard TBHP. So glad that you and your parents are OK after the accidents. Shows you just how important seatbelts and airbags are in cars and people skimping on them is just penny wise, pound foolish.

Look forward to your review on the Ertiga
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed