Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2012, 18:29   #1
BHPian

Finally a BHPian on Team-BHP.

Let me start by giving thanks to the Mods for approving my request to join Team-BHP.
This is one of the few sites which has had a deep impact on how I view cars.

Well about me,I am 28yrs old, S/W Engg in Pune. Sounds boring huh!
I just love to drive!! Be it Bikes or Cars. For some reason I prefer power over mileage.
My engg. college was just 1km from my house, but as soon as I turned 18 I bought myself a Pulsar150 (way back in 2002). Had to really convince my parents to buy it.

I was in the USA for about 5 yrs(not surprising i say). There initially bought a 2.4L 4cyclinder 97'Accord which was driven for 125k miles but still going strong. After 6months I sold this car and bought (actually Leased) myself a brand new Honda Accord EXL-V6.
My desi friends were instructing me all the time, "dude you are here for short time, why do you need a V6, just get the 4cyclinder Civic/ Corolla." But all I was thinking was, when will I drive the V6 in India?! So the V6 Accord (couldn't afford the BMWs then). It drove smoothly as silk. Loved the many rides in my baby.

After 5 yrs there, returned home.Once here wanted to buy a new car. We initially had a Fiat Premium-Padmini, Then the Maruti 800 AC. So wanted a sedan.
One of my friends (who is still trying to be a member ) suggested teap-bhp. This was more than a year back. Read official reviews/ownership threads of all the cars in <10L segment. Fell in love with the unbiased and detailed reviews written on this site. Finally to cut a long story short fell in Love with my Italian beuty "Monica" aka the Linea TJET+. The awesome review by GTO helped me tremendously in paying the premium of 1L to get the Turbo-charged beauty. And boy am i happy with the choice!!
i have experienced some of the lines written by GTO first-hand like "The next 2.5 hours is me alone in the car, and alone on the highway. No disturbances inside the car, no traffic outside. Stopping at a dhaba (Kadak chai + Marlboro) after 90 minutes of high-revving = Priceless. Ah, the simpler pleasures of life. "
and the line "let me tell you this : It is IMPOSSIBLE to drive this car with a light foot. The turbo boost is addictive. Don’t fret over the fuel economy, there’s more to life than kpl. Take the wife for a dinner less or something. " just nailed it for me. This car was just made for me!! Brings a smile on my face everytime I drive it!

After this, upgraded our Maruti800 to the pocket-rocket Alto K10 Vxi. That is also one hell of a ride! My dad who is a sedantary driver, also has a smile on his face when he returns from office.

Once again, thanks to Team-BHP in helping me not to underestimate the value of a smile on my face VS the fuel economy of my drive!!

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th October 2012 at 01:14. Reason: Only 2 smileys per post are allowed, please read the forum rules carefully before proceeding, thanks
sahibrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 19:14   #2
BHPian

Re: Finally a BHPian on Team-BHP.

Congrats sir. Being a newbie myself I can completely fathom the level of joy you must be experiencing.

A very warm welcome from my side.
Old 18th October 2012, 22:59   #3
BHPian

Hearty Congratulations Sahibrain and Welcome to Team-Bhp.

Kindly spare a moment and go through rules and regulations.

I'm delighted to read your experience with the accord v6.
The super refined engine is just a breeze to drive on and on.

Great to know about your linea.
Looking forward to the ownership review of "Pocket Rocket" as well as "Italian Beauty."

Team-Bhp is indeed second to none.

Wish you many more safe miles and smiles with your ride.

Have a good time.
Thanks for sharing.!
Old 19th October 2012, 00:17   #4
BHPian

Dear Sahibrain,

Welcome to Team-Bhp and congratulations on Linea T-Jet and Alto K10 Vxi.
I too got Linea T-Jet+ last month courtesy GTO's review and feedback on Team-Bhp.
Looking forward to your ownership experience. Regards.
Old 19th October 2012, 06:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard TBHP, Sahibrain.

You are among fellows who have petrol rather than blood in their veins, so statements like power over economy resonate very clearly, even if a lot of us choose these options less frequently than we would like to due to the condition of our roads (potholes, cows, villagers wandering on highways etc, speedbreakers).

In America you should have driven the muscle and pony cars. Amazing bang for the buck and awesome power in a straight line (but don't try it round a corner). Not cars you get many chances to drive in other parts of the world, as opposed to the .Japanese and German cars which are ubiquitous (if albeit expensive)
Old 19th October 2012, 09:51   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Welcome aboard TBHP, Sahibrain.

=================
Looking forward to your ownership experience. Regards.
Thanks skm1967 and congrats on getting the TJET+. I am sure she will not disappoint you. I will be posting a ownership review soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palash987 View Post
Hearty Congratulations Sahibrain and Welcome to Team-Bhp.
===============
Looking forward to the ownership review of "Pocket Rocket" as well as "Italian Beauty."
Yes indeed the Accord V6 is a refined and classy engine with good aerodynamics giving the car great stability.
Will be posting a ownership review soon of the TJET+ and K10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokztar View Post
Congrats sir. Being a newbie myself I can completely fathom the level of joy you must be experiencing.
A very warm welcome from my side.
Thanks Rokztar! And a warm welcome to you too!
Old 19th October 2012, 13:16   #7
BHPian

congrats sahibrain,
being a newbie myself i can understand the plight of your friend. I first applied to be a member of this forum about six months back and had taken a rather lethargic approach to my application. it was only after i was rejected that i knew the mods were really serious with their rules. so i thought i could pull it off just watching from the outisde. But then i just felt i had to a part of team-bhp and decided to give in my effort recently. thankfully all worked out for me this time. hope your friend makes it too and good wishes to him. regards
Old 19th October 2012, 14:49   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Congrats and welcome. Always remember that you are on a forum and to get the best out of it you must contribute in a meaningful manner. What makes the forum great is the collective wisdom of its members. I suggest you observe, and start off with a few well thought of posts, and then expand your horizon.

Welcome once again.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed