Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2012, 15:17   #1
BHPian

Heyx from God's Own Country

Hi everyone. Finally made it to this forum after lot of attempts. Thanks a tonne to Mods for accepting my membership. I'm sure my stay here will improve my auto trivia a lot.

I'm Akhil Gopal from Trivandrum and I have been an avid reader of team-bhp since last year. Read many of the ownership reports and scoops from here and my hunt for membership started months back.

I'm just 19years old and doing my 3rd year in Mechanical Engineering. Chose to study Mechanical Engineering solely because of passion towards automobiles. Automobile Engineering is available only at fewer colleges. Hence, Mechanical it was.

I have been a car fanatic since i was 9 or 10. I started collecting car magazines since then. At that time, it was just for the turning the pages to see the beauties. It was only recently that i started reading them. I have over 100magazines stacked up in my cupboard as a part of my collection .

Vehicles I currently have : 2012 Honda Jazz XMT , 2005 Maruti Suzuki Alto Lx , 2009 Splendor.

I'm more of a car-guy than a biker guy and I'm a newbie in biking, basically because my Dad and everyone in the family are not bikers. Will have to bid adieu to our Alto soon, inorder to take a bike probably an FZ.

I'm a petrol head and i love redlining cars. That explains why i chose "rpm lover"in my id. I prefer a natural aspirated motor over a turbocharged one, although i have driven only turbocharged diesel cars in my life . But, i still think a natural aspirated V12 is way better than a turbocharged V8. Pardon me, if I'm wrong here.

Well,I love premium hatches over entry level sedans as they are more nippy and fun to drive in city as well as in highways. I only wish VW could bring in the Golf and Honda to bring in the Civic Hatch and BMW to bring in the 1series hatch.

My interests : Still Photography, Console gaming , Traveling , Blogging , Gadgets of-course, Sketching and drawing (cars mainly, dont have the skill to draw a bike yet)

My favorites : Ferrari 458 Italia is my current favorite, followed by BMW M5 and the Original Mini. My favorite car changes over time(dunno why). It was Zonda before. But, after watching Clarkson's review of 458 Italia, its my current favorite. But, M5 and original Mini are my all time favorites. In Indian car industry, my current favorite is good old Gypsy and wish to own one, after my studies.

I guess i wrote too much. Anyways, hoping for a pleasant stay here and wishing to meet many members from Trivy here.

-akhil_rpmlover .
Old 26th October 2012, 16:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Heyx from God's Own Country

Welcome aboard tbhp, akhil. Just curious, none of you are bikers in the house, but you are going to sell the alto to buy an fz (yamaha bike, correct). Why?

It is a shame that you are doing mechanical rather than automobile engineering. If you intend to go for a career in the automobile industry you are better off studying automobile engineering, even if it works out more expensive and difficult (maybe move to another city). Focusing on what you want to do is the best solution.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:20   #3
BHPian

Re: Heyx from God's Own Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Welcome aboard tbhp, akhil. Just curious, none of you are bikers in the house, but you are going to sell the alto to buy an fz (yamaha bike, correct). Why?

It is a shame that you are doing mechanical rather than automobile engineering. If you intend to go for a career in the automobile industry you are better off studying automobile engineering, even if it works out more expensive and difficult (maybe move to another city). Focusing on what you want to do is the best solution.
Well bro, We dont have sufficient space in the car porch to keep both Alto and Jazz along. Alto right now is parked at neighbor's house. But, he is soon gonna rent the house and hence decided to sell off. It had done over 85K+ kms.We kept it so that I could get more experienced with driving. Its been used my me alone for last 6months .

Bought used Splendor recently in-order to get acquainted with bikes. I really wish we could keep that alto. Lots of memories associated with it.

I totally agree with you on the engineering part. I wanted to do Automobile engineering but as i said its available in a fewer colleges. I got a good enough rank for entrances luckily but good colleges dont have automobile engineering as an option. If i had to do Automobile outside Kerala, that will be like not utilizing the rank i got in Kerala entrance. So, all advised me to do general course i.e. mechanical Engineering and do Masters in designing or Automobile, as i wish.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed