Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2012, 16:08   #1
BHPian

Finally a real Bhpian!

Hello fellow Bhpians!!

After spending 5 years being a silent part of the community everyday, i finally get a chance to be a real bhpian and an active part of the community.

To introduce myself, by profession I am an Ex- Hotelier turned into an Entrepreneur. I hail from Mumbai and live in Powai. I know there are quite a few bhpians who live and work around here, so hope to bump into you guys often. Keep a look out for a black swift or a black ANHC sporting team bhp stickers both with the same number as mentioned in my handle.

Besides cars, I love travelling and have extensively traveled and driven across Central Europe, North and North East of India. Will post my journeys on the travelogues section soon.

I am also a complete foodie so it is quite possible that at most times my ride gets spotted outside restaurants and eateries in Mumbai.

Well that is all for now hope to interact with you guys further on the forum.

Regards,
VVB.
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:42   #2
BHPian

Re: Finally a real Bhpian!

Hi vvb8530. Welcome. Five years is quite a long time without having an urge to be a part of Team BHP. Well, would surely love to read your travelogues and will be good to have some travelling tips about the places you have travelled and liked(a quick recommendation may be).
Old 23rd November 2012, 12:33   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accius View Post
Hi vvb8530. Welcome. Five years is quite a long time without having an urge to be a part of Team BHP. Well, would surely love to read your travelogues and will be good to have some travelling tips about the places you have travelled and liked(a quick recommendation may be).
Hi Accius,

Thank you for your welcome!!

Well the urge was always there and did try earlier, my membership has finally got approved after 4 attempts. Yes i know 4 attempts in 5 years does not make a good average but was busy in making a career for myself which involved unimaginably long working hours and also made me move around different cities. Hence kept my urge under control by just being a silent observer though regularly going through threads and posts keeping myself updated of the action.

Yes sir travelogues coming up soon. In case of any immediate particular queries you may have then ask away and i would be happy to help. However let me tell you we have quite a few stalwarts among us when it comes to travelogues and i am literally a novice compared to them.

I have just come back from a 10 day long road trip across Central Europe and drove through Switzerland, Germany, Czech, Austria, and Italy. In case you require any recommendations from this trip of mine then maybe i could help.

Hope to catch up with you soon.

Regards,
VVB
Old 23rd November 2012, 16:53   #4
Zed
BHPian

Welcome aboard!

Did you cross over from Switzerland to Germany \ Austria over the San Bernadino pass ? Must have been cold \ snowing I guess. I took that route about a month ago and it was the first snow of the year. Took ages to cross as motorists were crawling along at 10 - 20 kmph. The scenery was breathtaking to say the least.

You seem to have covered a lot of ground in 10 days - must have spent a lot of time behind the wheel - not a bad plan at all! Looking forward to your travelogue and posts.
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:29   #5
BHPian

Welcome VVB. Welcome to team-bhp.
As Zed rightly said, you have driven a lot in your 10 day trip to Central Europe. Why not this be your maiden travelogue? Curious to know more about your trip.
Old 24th November 2012, 13:06   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Welcome aboard!

Did you cross over from Switzerland to Germany \ Austria over the San Bernadino pass ? Must have been cold \ snowing I guess. I took that route about a month ago and it was the first snow of the year. Took ages to cross as motorists were crawling along at 10 - 20 kmph. The scenery was breathtaking to say the least.

You seem to have covered a lot of ground in 10 days - must have spent a lot of time behind the wheel - not a bad plan at all! Looking forward to your travelogue and posts.
Hey Zed!!

Thanks.

We started our journey from Zurich and drove via Germany into Czech Republic to spend a night in Prague all in a day. I called it breakfast in Switzerland, Lunch in Germany and dinner in Czech

We did not cross San Bernadino Pass while crossing over from Switzerland to Germany as we were driving from Zurich, however on our return journey we drove from Como to Zurich via Liechtenstein (to add one more country to our list) that is when we drove through the San Bernadino Pass and it had to be the most scenic and breathtaking route that i have ever seen. It was quite cold as it was the start of winters i am talking about first week of October but we dint get any snow.

Lot of time behind the wheel buddy. 4000 Kms in 10 days, some 12 cities and 7 countries i.e. if I may include the Vatican and Liechtenstein as countries though both of these are the 1st and 2nd smallest countries in the world respectively and are only a few kilometers long.

Are you based out of Germany? Which part?

Regards,
VVB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Xtreme View Post
Welcome VVB. Welcome to team-bhp.
As Zed rightly said, you have driven a lot in your 10 day trip to Central Europe. Why not this be your maiden travelogue? Curious to know more about your trip.

Hey Chris!!

Thank you Sir!!

As you can read in my reply to Zed we did drive quite a lot in the 10 days, Me and my cousin took turns to drive. However the best part about driving in Europe is that its absolutely stress free unlike India.

So even after driving a manual transmission station wagon for 900 Kms in a day we would still have energy to go sightseeing in the evenings. The only downside that i would constantly joke about as well that maybe its a little too stress free to drive and would make us feel drowsy. We had to have a continuous supply of chocolates to keep us awake behind the wheel.

I think this will have to be my maiden travelogue as its still fresh in my mind. Let me take out time first to collect all the pictures we took from 3 different memory cards and 2 cameras as we took so many of them. Will surely post soon.

Thanks for your encouragement was hesitating initially considering my writing skills are not something i am very proud off.

Regards,
VVB
Old 26th November 2012, 17:33   #7
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Hey Zed!!

the San Bernadino Pass and it had to be the most scenic and breathtaking route that i have ever seen. It was quite cold as it was the start of winters i am talking about first week of October but we dint get any snow.

Are you based out of Germany? Which part?
The landscape along the pass is really spectacular in summer as well. The transformation from summer to snowy winter is such a contrast. Winter is beautiful in a fairy tail-ish way.

Im located on the German side of lake Constance near the town of Friedrichshafen (Home to ZF transmissions, Dornier, Zeppelin & Maybach)
Old 27th November 2012, 07:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard TBHP, vvb8530. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on the forum.

So looking forward to all your travelogues. Have seen most of western and central Europe but missed most of the old "eastern bloc" countries.

Oh yeah, driving in counters where road users obey the law, it is easy to drive long distances without feeling too tired. We used to drive long distances in south Africa and never really felt tired as the time taken was way better than the same distance in India. At least half if not less time. Averaging 100 kmph was easy
Old 27th November 2012, 19:44   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Welcome aboard TBHP, vvb8530. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on the forum.
Aye aye Captain!!

Gone through the rules already, will try my best to abide by them and just in case i miss out sometime i am sure you will forgive me.

Quote:
So looking forward to all your travelogues. Have seen most of western and central Europe but missed most of the old "eastern bloc" countries.
Oh yeah the eastern block is so much better than the rest of Europe and especially the women . Unfortunately we could cover only a part of Czech but yes my next trip has to cover more of Eastern Europe is decided.

Quote:
Oh yeah, driving in counters where road users obey the law, it is easy to drive long distances without feeling too tired. We used to drive long distances in south Africa and never really felt tired as the time taken was way better than the same distance in India. At least half if not less time. Averaging 100 kmph was easy
Ever tried out the German autobahn? The no speed limit rule is awesome and also ensures that you do not feel drowsy since there is so much happening around you.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks