Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2012, 13:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hiya BHPians - Sammy is here !!!

Well, well, well, finally I am here on Team-BHP on my 8th attempt !!!
Now, I know where did I mess up during applying for the membership

My name is Soumyajit and I am a Software Professional, aged 29, from Bangalore, born and brought up in Orissa, Bengali by mother tongue. I am "love cum arrange" married for the past 3 years. We both work and its always a fun drive to office everyday, spotting BHPians, tracking traffic offenders :-)

I have been a motorhead right from my childhood days. I had my own car-type cycle during my childhood days. My first experience on a bike was my dad's Yezdi 350. Don't recall much, but mom shows me, pics sitting on it. Standing in the front and rolling the throttle, started learning riding a Bajaj Scooter. I was 12 yrs and my uncle bought a M800. I was the culprit to jump start and bang it to the garage wall !!! Well, I was simply excited !! Joined college and my father gifted (read: I pestered) me a Hero-Puch 3G. My first in-house mechanical work started when I fitted dual horn onto my Hero Puch. Well, initially it was the best thing in college, but soon felt the need to upgrade when I joined Engineering college. Parents gifted (again read: I pestered) me a Yamaha Libero. That was the time of Pulsar 150, but somehow the brand Yamaha fascinates me. So insisted on the Libero. Again, I jumped to DIY stuffs on my Libero. Easiest were again Dual Horn and rear LED lights. Bought and installed a full engine cover, which gave the bike a sporty look, like the ones in Superbikes. Joined job and had to part away with my Yamaha for 1 year, post which I transferred it to B'lore.

2011 - Came the biggest change in my life, I bought a Chevy Beat. Life changed thereafter. I am still speechless to put some description about my undying love for Green Bolt.

So presently I own:
Yamaha Libero (2004) aka Black Dog (with a constant threat from wifey to sell and buy a gearless scooter - Activa / Access, etc etc)
Chevrolet Beat LT Petrol (2011) aka Green Bolt

Anyway, coming back to why I joined Team-BHP. Well, I wanted to enhance my Beat, do mods, detail it. I know the forum is open, but somewhere I was missing being a part of the discussion. I had questions that I could not post. I had answers to questions, but could not post. I wished to share experiences, could not post. I wished to post reviews, could not post. That is why Team-BHP. I wish to meet the motorhead community. I wish to learn more, grow more with automobiles. That's why Team-BHP.

Apart from the motor gyaan that I blabbered above, I have avid interest in Music, Movie and Food !!!
I have about 200 GB of songs, 2 TB of movies and I weigh 90 Kgs !!! Hope that explains my past-time.

So that's pretty much about me. More, when we start interacting.
You can find me mostly hooked on to the below threads:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-your-car.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ve-review.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...el-thread.html

Cheers,
Soumyajit Laha
(aka Sammy / Soum / Laha)
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 15:26   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hiya BHPians - Sammy is here !!!

Welcome aboard Sammy!

Good choice in the Beat. It's got super ride quality for a small car. Plus, the Chevy feels so much more modern & better finished than the Figo. Why didn't you get the diesel though? The Beat TCDI is an able urban commuter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I had questions that I could not post. I had answers to questions, but could not post. I wished to share experiences, could not post. I wished to post reviews, could not post. That is why Team-BHP. I wish to meet the motorhead community. I wish to learn more, grow more with automobiles. That's why Team-BHP.

Hope to see a detailed ownership report of the Green Bolt soon.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 16:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome aboard Sammy!

Good choice in the Beat. It's got super ride quality for a small car. Plus, the Chevy feels so much more modern & better finished than the Figo. Why didn't you get the diesel though? The Beat TCDI is an able urban commuter.
Thanks Rushabh for a personalized response to my intro !!! Feels good.

I purchased the car in March 2011, unfortunately no Diesel power yet.

Figo - Old man's car (read: looks boxy and out-dated);
Swift - Every third car on road. Could well run as a Taxi;
i10 - Same reason as swift, unwantedly expensive.

The above could be considered a lame excuse for buying the Beat.

But again, "diet" was not a deciding factor for us to buy the Beat (it pinches now though). It was the sheer style, beauty, power and not to mention the colour (wifey's demand - this was the only car in Green colour) that led us to the only car showroom - that of Chevrolet.

I wanted to post an ownership report around same time last year, but then Team-BHP was elusive, and I had to struggle this year to get a membership.
Look out for my ownership thread of the Green Bolt, by early next month.
Old 26th November 2012, 16:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard TBHP, Sammy. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleSant stay on the forum.

Glad to find so many real motorheads who have various other interests on the forum.

Look forward to a report on the green bolt and black dog. Am hoping your faithful dog continues life at your house and gets joined by a sister to transport wifey.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 11:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Am hoping your faithful dog continues life at your house and gets joined by a sister to transport wifey.
That's a real nice thought to keep the black dog and get a sissy for him. Will pen down my plans of getting a sibling later.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th November 2012 at 20:21. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 27th November 2012, 12:59   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome on board!
Good choice on the bat.
Look up Samarth.bhatia's thread on modifying his beat.
He's gone quite mental on it....
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 15:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Welcome on board!
Good choice on the bat.
Look up Samarth.bhatia's thread on modifying his beat.
He's gone quite mental on it....
Thanks mayankk !!! I have been browsing threads of superutp, alstonlobo, salbin, jeganatu and our own GTO's review thread for updates. My bad, missed Samarth's thread.
Just now went through the mods in his thread. Seems, I can pick up some bits from his mods
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks