Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2006, 12:39   #1

Hi !!

Hi Guys,

Stumbled across this forum when I was searching for some info on the web a few weeks back, and was amazed with the amount of interaction and information available on this forum. Signed up immediately, but didnt get around to an introduction. But finally managed to find some time to write one.

Basically a bangalorean, working as an Analyst for a software company. Been crazy about cars as far as i can remember. Probably hard wired at birth, but then again, am sure most of you guys were too.

Own a 2003 Zen and a 2004 Baleno. Used to drive a Gypsy before that, but lost the battle with the bangalore traffic, and the muscle wrenching steering and rock hard suspension of the Gypsy. That said, it still is the king of off-roading....Never had so much fun driving, going places where most vehicles cant.

Havent done much to the zen. Its as standard as they come.
The Baleno on the other hand been done up a little. Bought an LXi, but changed the rims to alloys, and before anyone asks - Yes, I did upgrade the tyres to 185 Goodyear Ducaro GDi tubeless. Put in a K&N Performance filter recently.

Being a music buff, most of the dough went into the car audio. Went for a Kenwood/ JBL Setup:

Head Unit - Kenwood Double Din - MP3/ Casette - 50Wx4 Mosfet
Amplifier - JBL GTO 75.6 (6 channel)
Front - JBL CS series
Rear - JBL T595 Limited Edition
Sub-woofer - JBL CS1200T Bass Tube

Listen to lots of Rock, little bit of pop and Hip hop. Lots of retro stuff though.

Am an avid Formula 1 and MotoGP fan, but follow Formula 1 more closely these days. Travel around quite a bit. Usually at least one trip a month. Last month was kerala, and the month before that, Bombay. This month its a visit to Coorg, most likely next weekend.

Nice to join the forum, and hopefully find enough time to make some good contributions, as well as meet up with some of folks, at least those in bangalore for starters.

Adios amigos.
Old 5th May 2006, 08:50   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi VikedLaff,

Welcome aboard.
You like cars & audio.... TBHP is the place for you!

cya around
R
Old 5th May 2006, 10:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Another gypsy driver...cool...
Too bad you had to give up the gypsy.
Welcome to the team.

Drifter
Old 5th May 2006, 10:49   #4

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yep...feel sad in having let go of Gypsy. There are times when i wonder whether I should have kept it. It wasnt fun in the city, but was loads of fun everywhere else.

But am sure, i will own a serious off-roader with decent city manners in future. its just a matter of time, and money of course
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks