Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2012, 19:03   #1
BHPian

Fourth Time Lucky?

Made it... finally!
You must have already read the name of the thread, and as you might have guessed, it was only on my 4th attempt that I finally got my registration! As you might have also spotted, this is not actually my first post on t-bhp.

My first post:

My first activity on the forum was actually voting for the Renault Duster as the T-BHP car of the year. Wasn't too surprised to see that it had the majority of votes by a huge margin! So third post it is then, introducing myself.

Me:

Amartya Sengupta, 18 years (almost ) and owner of a Mitsubishi Evolution X. No, I'm not joking! Its a Tamiya TT-01, and I'm sure I can smoke any car to 60 km/h in it! (There's a "phone-cam" pic attached... haven't uploaded it anywhere yet, so I couldn't insert it). You can catch sight of my second body shell of a BMW 320si WTCC edition. (Those familiar to Tamiya and/or RC cars will probably understand)
I don't usually mention my address, but I'm in L&T South City. The reason I mention is cause I've seen around 6 cars in and around here with the famous "Drive Safe", and "Driven By Team-BHP" stickers, and I'm really keen on meeting their owners.

My First Car:

No, I don't have one yet! But I'm really looking forward to one as soon as I can afford it. I'm hoping to do some part-time jobs in local garages to
1. Boost knowledge
2. Earn some $
My dream first car? (Pictures of 458, Murcialago SV, Veyron going through my head) Its actually a zen. I've always had a thing for that car. Not the third gen with the extended headlights and electric power steering, and definitely not the chick moblie (Sorry Estilo owners!). My favorite is the 2nd gen MPFi Zen. Easy to modify, looks cool without trying too hard, and dirt cheap to run and repair.

General Stuff:

I am a die-hard fan of Lewis Hamilton. Went and stood in the crowd when he was donut-ing on the NICE road! (shh! I had tears in my eyes! It was the first time I heard an F1 car close up!)
My favorite car brand is probably BMW. Not a huge fan of their current trend of EPS and 8 speed auto boxes. I prefer the old school - 6 speed manual, hydraulic power steering. And I'm probably one of the few people in the world who actually LOVED Bangle's designs, I can't stand the bland, generic designs that they are pulling off these days.
My favorite all time car: Read my signature

Thats all for now I guess.

Hoping to meet some T-BHPians soon!

-- Amartya
Attached Thumbnails
Fourth Time Lucky?-img00025.jpg  

Old 18th December 2012, 20:28   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fourth Time Lucky?

Welcome to the forum Amartya. It must be nice, driving an Evo X at age 18!

A suggestion: please take some nicer pics of your Evo and start an ownership thread. There are enough green spots around L&T South City (have lived near there in my Bangalore days) where you can do justice to your baby.

Have fun on Team BHP!
Old 18th December 2012, 22:06   #3
BHPian

Thank You!
Just clarifying in case you missed it... The Evo is a remote controlled car.
You want me to start an ownership thread for that?
amartyasg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 05:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Oh yeah, most definitely start a thread for ownership of the RC evo

Jokes apart, do you just use it at home/open areas or do you have dedicated tracks etc where you can use it. Don't see much of that in India unfortunately. Here RC are still considered for children only.

Welcome aboard TBHP. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on the forum.

Hope you are able to get your Zen soon and enjoy real life driving rather than RC driving, which in a lot of ways is more fun

Last edited by pganapathy : 19th December 2012 at 06:03.
Old 19th December 2012, 10:54   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Oh yeah, most definitely start a thread for ownership of the RC evo

Jokes apart, do you just use it at home/open areas or do you have dedicated tracks etc where you can use it. Don't see much of that in India unfortunately. Here RC are still considered for children only.

Welcome aboard TBHP. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on the forum.

Hope you are able to get your Zen soon and enjoy real life driving rather than RC driving, which in a lot of ways is more fun
Thank you! I drive it around some open concrete areas in my apartments. The RC scene in Bangalore seems to be mostly off-road focused which my car cannot handle. There were talks of an indoor on-road track coming up, but I haven't heard much about it after the initial talks.

I will go through the rules. It is nice to see a forum where the mods actually make a very good effort in keeping the threads clean. Some of the other forums I frequent become un-readable at times!

I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to my first car!
Old 19th December 2012, 13:05   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amartyasg View Post
Just clarifying in case you missed it... The Evo is a remote controlled car.
You want me to start an ownership thread for that?
You got me there

Actually, check this thread out, if you haven't already. Some of the pics of the cars in there are so lifelike it'll make your breath stop!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks