Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2012, 10:19   #1

A very long Introduction :)

Hi,

It's been a while that I have been planning to join T-BHP, but somehow work has always managed to get the best of me.

I am from Bhopal and am 25 yrs of age. I have always been the quintessential Bhopali. I have had the opportunity to spend some time in cities like Kota, Dehradun, Delhi/NCR, Lucknow, Mumbai, Jalandhar and obviously Bhopal for studies and interns. In addition to this, my motorcycles have taken me to some beautiful places. I have always been more of a motorcycle person and had never thought of buying a car,until recently, when my family decided that it was time that I get a car for myself (talk about getting financially independent when your parents still decide what you need). Anyway, I have always been in love with automobiles and I consider myself lucky to be working in the field.

I have had the good fortune of owning some very good machines (in terms of my connection with them and their reliability):

Honda Dio (2004-2007) Silver- This was the first 2 Wheeler I owned and was my heart and soul for almost 2 years till the time a member in the family was involved in an accident in 2007 and the Dio was sold off almost immediately.

Honda Unicorn (2006- present) Silver- I got my "Ramdulaari" (a term coined by a friend since this bike almost never broke down, barring a few punctures :-D). The unicorn is a very efficient motorcycle and it taught me how not to ride a motorcycle in order to keep it running in good condition. I had used it until 2011, when I bot a new bike for myself. However I could not part from my baby and have kept it at my home in Bhopal, where I go every month and ride it.
Places it took me to:
1. Dehradun- Delhi-Ddn several times
2. Ddn-Punjab-Ddn
3. Ddn-Shimla-Ddn
4. Ddn-Lucknow-Ddn
5. Ddn-Delhi-Gwalior-Bhopal

Royal Enfield Classic 350 (2011- present) Silver- I got my "Dhanno" (Again the same friend, albeit this time he was being mean. I have to talk a lot to my baby since she is a bit moody and needs a lot of convincing to get her to run effortlessly). The RE has been my love ever since a neighbour bought a Black Electra when I was in 10th std. During college, my parents were against me buying a 350cc motorcycle as I would have ridden it faster, since it had a bigger engine (!!!) Anyway, I got hold of one as soon as I was eligible for a loan and have been loving it since.
Places it took me to from Gurgaon:
1. Sigri, Nainital, UK
2. Dehradun (several times), UK
3. Patal-Bhuvneshwar, UK
4. Lahaul-Spiti, HP
5. Dehradun-Mussoorie-Hrishikesh
6. Jaipur-Pushkar

Mahindra Thar (2012- present) Red
And finally I bought a car in November (from Bhopal- I am absolutely in love with Bhopal numbers) and the Thar has taken me on 2 trips till now:
1. Bhopal- Kota-Jaipur-Gurgaon
2. Ggn-Jaipur-Ggn
I plan to learn off-roading in a car as I have never done it before.

Besides travelling my interests include photography, reading, watching movies and listening to music.

I work at The International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT), a division of NATRiP, involved in vehicular testing and homologation. I am currently working on a govt. sponsored R&D project and am into mechanical designing.

I feel proud to be a part of T-BHP.
Attached Thumbnails
A very long Introduction :)-8133728666_4ff4a8bcf4_b.jpg  

A very long Introduction :)-8240121376_440904d933_b.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th December 2012 at 15:33. Reason: Welcome aboard! Remember 2 smileys per post max. Cheers.
I_s14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 16:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: A very long Introduction :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_s14 View Post
And finally I bought a car in November (from Bhopal- I am absolutely in love with Bhopal numbers)

I work at The International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT), a division of NATRiP, involved in vehicular testing and homologation.
Welcome aboard buddy. Good to know about your background which is quite similar to mine (although I worked for an OEM). The car you own now, has my major contribution w.r.t vehicle testing and homologation.

Where are you located in Bhopal? I am from Arera colony, perhaps we can meet up sometime, when I am back in India.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 20:10   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_s14 View Post
Our kind of guy! Goes out and buys a Thar as his first car. Mundane hatchbacks & entry-level sedans be damned. Welcome to Team-BHP and congrats on the Jeep. Since you love travel & photography, hope to see you sharing some travelogues with the community.

Cheers.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 11:07   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post

Welcome aboard buddy. Good to know about your background which is quite similar to mine (although I worked for an OEM). The car you own now, has my major contribution w.r.t vehicle testing and homologation.

Where are you located in Bhopal? I am from Arera colony, perhaps we can meet up sometime, when I am back in India.

Spike
Hi Spike, and I am glad that the hands that tested my car at OEM's end were of a Bhopali. I would feel more assured of the quality ;-)

I am from 6 no. Stop but we have now shifted to Trilanga, Gulmohar Coly. You live pretty close to my place i guess. We ll meet sometime soon. Just PM me whenever you plan to come to India.

And thanx a lot for the warm welcome.!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Our kind of guy! Goes out and buys a Thar as his first car. Mundane hatchbacks & entry-level sedans be damned. Welcome to Team-BHP and congrats on the Jeep. Since you love travel & photography, hope to see you sharing some travelogues with the community.

Cheers.
Hi GTO, I have been visiting team BHP for some time now, only for viewing the heavily modded jeeps n gypsies. Coming from a city where all boys dream about are jeeps and bikes, i had to have a jeep for myself someday. But i couldnt have managed to go ahead and build one for myself since i have zero technical knowledge of the subject. :-S

Thanx for welcoming me, and I will start writing soon, as soon as my boss approves my leaves. ;-)
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:22   #5
BHPian

Ikshit bouwa, welcome to TeamBHP.
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:55   #6

And we have a rapid-bull here too!!! :P

Welcome to T-BHP Prakash!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks