Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2012, 14:51   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHPians

Hello Fellow Motorheads !!

Thrilled and Excited to be a part of this community. To be honest, I was disheartened when rejected for the first time. But, pulled my socks up and gave it a honest try for the second time and voila i'm here.

29 yrs of age I am a software professional from Bangalore, though spent my growing up years in Mysore. Been an avid biker from the time I turned 18. My tryst with 2 wheels started when parents gifted me a second hand hero puch 2G in my 12th, just to save my time and put it to good use, meaning I could score more marks :-) Dad had taught me to ride his Yezdi Roadking and I had few hundred kms of riding under my belt. Armed with this resume, I took to riding the mighty hero puch. In the first week of ownership i had redlined her going about 70km/hr (not a serious speed by todays standards but felt more like doing 120 back then). Had a lot of falls and bruises with it. Over time my more than enthusiastic riding had taken a toll on the puch.

Seeing me take the hero puch to the mechanic every other day, my dad said we should have bought the trusted hero honda instead. Just then a colleague of his was trading a year old cd100 and dad bought it home. The bike felt comfy and fast for a guy graduating from hero puch. Never had a single issue with it since I drove it within it's limits and mine . I used it for the first 2 years of engineering. We still have the bike now and is ridden by dad as he sold the roadking because of skyrocketing petrol prices. 85k on the speedo and still going strong.

Having ridden the first generation pulsar owned by a friend and thought it was a good steed. But the ride was not enough to trade my loyalties with the cd100 only until I saw the blue pulsar with alloy wheels on display at the nearby bajaj showroom. The second generation pulsar was catching up like fever and almost every guy in college wanted one. Had to coax parents to buy me one. Had to use the old trick saying I would get top grades for the rest of the sems. Wish Granted Of all the bikes i have had all these years, this one was special and it got 5 star treatment too. For the first time, I did a lot of learning to take care of my steed, stuff like how to run-in the engine, what grade of oil to use, learnt to pull wheelies. The bike is now sold to a good friend here in bangalore and he is taking good care of it.

Over the years i Have owned a 98 RXZ 4-speed(now sold), a 2011 zma R which I currently ride, adding up kms and just enjoying the ride. I used to ride the zma to work but given the chaotic traffic in Bangalore and the scary road sense, my parents kept pestering me to go for a car. So the search began for a relaible and comfy hatchback and with a few testrides zeroed in on the I20 CRDI Sportz. I need to Thank GTO for the superb review of the hyundai I20 which played a part in my decision too. Nowadays, I am planning for long rides to take my Parents and Friends in the car. Riding the zma is limited to weekends but still enjoying it.

Ride Safe. Cheers,
CoolBlueBiker

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th December 2012 at 15:21. Reason: 2 smileys max please, as per the rules!
Old 2nd January 2013, 12:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHPians

Hello CoolblueBiker and welcome to our very own TBHP. Nice to read up your driving resume with some good bikes in the stable.

Also had a nostalgic trip down the memory lane as my first ride on a motorized vehicle was on a Hero Puch which my uncle had. Wah what a feeling to have power pull you along when you twisted the accelarator for the first time!

Again welcome and drive safe!
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 17:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHPians

Welcome aboard, CBB.
So, did you get top grades for the rest of the semesters after getting the Pulsar? :P
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks