Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2004, 02:00   #1
BHPian

Hi folks

Finally registered after lurking for a month or so - great to find a proper forum for us Indian car enthusiasts - stumbled upon it by luck -

Yahoo et al stil havent catalogued most of the Indian auto sites except the old ones.

Hailing from Delhi which as most of you know is not the most car enthusiast friendly area around - a few decent roads but not many ones with twisties (for the delhiites heres - The Surajkund/Charmwood Village Road is my favourite - wish it could be made one way)

Cars in our family over the years :

1977 Beetle (1982-1996) (still cant forgive my folks for selling it)
1995 Armada 4x4 (1995-1996 : sold after a bad accident up in Himachal near Kalpa/Chitkul)

1996 Esteem VX (carb) - needs some work on the steering and suspension but the engine's as good as an old one can be

2002 Palio Adventure 1.6

Cars being considered for purchase - Petra 1.6 or Baleno (the Baleno feels right, snug and low and fits like a glove)

Fav car - more like fav cars !

1.The Mustang - 64 1/2 - '69 and the new 2005 model as well
then in no particular order :
2.The Impreza and the Evo
3.Late '80's Landcruisers
4.Nissan Patrol
5.The Beetle (there _is_only_one_beetle)
6.Dodge Challengers,Chargers, Chevy Camaros, Pontiac GTO ,
7.Esteem
8.Skyline R34
9.The 911
10.Contessa - wish it had a better engine (read - plonk an old V6 into it)

Most hated cars Lets leave that for another time....

In motorsport I love rallying - wil watch WRC or any rally for that matter - NASCAR and Indy dont make sense to me - I guess you have to be *out there with a beer in your hand, a hot blonde next to you ...the rush ..the crowds..the loud rock.....F1 also seems overrated and boring to me.
Watching lifted 4x4's crawl through mud or over rocks is the biggest rush i get on telly.

Sad moments in motoring in my life :

1.My Aunt selling off my father's old WWII USAAF Surplrus Harley which he had rebuilt back when he was in college to a kabadiwalla for Rs 200....
2.Folks selling off the beetle
3.The Accident in the Armada - damned steering failed while in foot deep slush...

Love driving my old Esteem - gotten so used to it , it's very hard for me to adjust to other cars ...Ideal road is dirt, sand and gravel and with plenty of nice sharp turns - if on a straight highway , I'd like on old muscle car.

Also took part in the '02/03 and 04 autocrosses here in delhi/noida - qualified for final 16 in 14th position (not 12th as i mentioned in the autocross thread) in 02 - lost to Vijayant Chaudhary in the knock out stage failed to qualify for final 16 in 03 and 04 (came 18th and 17th .... kind of annoying to say the least ) - I guess I need some tips and advice on my driving

Music while driving ? Dio, Maiden, Doors, Gn'R , Priest, Poison , Crue , Led Zep....and when i feel the need to calm down-anything bluesy or even old rock n roll from the '50s

some other websites I'd recommend as well :

www.northernmotorsport.net
www.hyperformancemotorrsports.com
www.performanceautoindia.com

cheers folks

zaphod
Old 7th October 2004, 02:07   #2
BHPian

Rallying old muscle cars man ur my type of guy man hope to see some posts on muscle cars WELCOME Tbhp man its all cool runnins out here
Old 7th October 2004, 02:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow, now thats some intro.

Welcome to the lair pal. TB is all you'll need all day, everyday.

Revvmaster
Old 7th October 2004, 11:12   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hiya Zaphod,

Welcome to Team-BHP. All I can say is I am in agreement with some of your views...expecially the Nascar+blonde combination...and the mid-60's Mustangs.

Nice intro

GTO
Old 8th October 2004, 14:02   #5
BHPian

cheers for the welcome...

Will startposting actively..and yes you can expect more posts on rallying and other lesser forms of motorsport , old muscle cars and 4x4's , especially Mustangs, road/traffic conditions in our cities (which could more appropriately classed as rants).

zaphod
Old 8th October 2004, 15:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats a neat intro zaphod....... Wlecome to TBHP...... Enjoy your stay!!
Old 8th October 2004, 19:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

dude...thts one heck of a long intro...

Welcome to tbhp....u'l love it here. Enjoy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks