Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2006, 07:16   #1
ECM
BHPian

Cheers fm ECM

Infect I am late to put my intro but nothing is late if done once so posting it here.
As my profile says me a Gujju guy,will visit skoda showroom when I think to buy a new car and ending up buying a Maruti 800 and only few competitors I think can face me in this,sindhi or marwari .
Jokes apart,I am 39 almost,an exporter and having 2 full E.O.U(xport oriented units) rt now,struggled a lot in my initial carrier being born in doctor family and first I decided to take t.v and v.c.r repairing as my first profession as I was dumbo in study,hate study totally and used to play night cricket matches by putting my frined on my bed telling him to sleep with full blanket fm feet to top so dad may feel that I am in home,once caught and then dad allowed me to play cricket but kicked of my friend who was my replacement in my bed room!
Having a Baleno,my next car will be hard to guess but I never seriously thought on it till this date.
I love life,full of joy and struggle but real taste of joy only comes when u pass a acid test during your carrier.Today I find young generation feding up too fast while facing challenges,bad for them.
I hate new economic reforms by the way(me not communist at all)how one can handle a population of 1.25 Arab(1.25 crs for purists!!)and putting automization in place?Here I love china and its amazing how they used their vast resources to inch towards a GDP of 10+ in no time.I strongly belive those who studied in howard uni.will never-ever have an idea on the real face of Indian economy and how a poor Indian can have a cell phone in his pocket but keep worring what will he do to pay his bills and to feed his family next morning.Bubble will burst one day as we Indians never work hard and lazy when we in India(this is totally opposite when we go abroad)I love to see my wife bargaining hard with a sabziwala and each time showing her cell bill to me why it came up too much high!Like all wives she forgets fast and start calling her friends next moment .
Today I see 8 out of 10 ppl taking on stock market,well what US was 50 yrs back we are in the same boat right now and in business margins are sinking(perhaps thts the only reason why stock market is going up,lol).India is a story of small business and govt.must support them as we have high unemployment in our country.Who will care and who will do this when big houses eating up small industries today?
Anyway its nice to be with some genius here and I found this place when I was searching google with a phrase "ecm and baleno".Regards to all.Do excuse me my poor english,cant improve much on it but till this date I never had any probs in finding a buyer for my stuff in any country round the world with my poor english.
Before I end would like to share 2 funny links for you as a fully faltoo timepass in weekend.Mods may delete these links but worth visiting I must say.
Bye!Sayonara!Dasvidaniya!
ECM.
http://www.danceage.com/gallery/img9341.htm

Last edited by Samurai : 12th May 2006 at 09:21.
Old 12th May 2006, 12:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey ECMji,

Welcome aboard and enjoy ur stay.
Nice Long Intro..
Cool Link..
and by the way where is 2nd link ??

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 12th May 2006, 16:02   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Very comprehensive intro, ECM. I found your opinions on the non-automotive happenings very interesting. You come across as a hardcore self-made entrepreneur.

Quote:
I strongly belive those who studied in howard uni.will never-ever have an idea on the real face of Indian economy and how a poor Indian can have a cell phone in his pocket but keep worring what will he do to pay his bills and to feed his family next morning.
Funny but true. I am sure Harvard Business School is yet to arrive at a decent report on this.

Welcome to the Team-BHP. Do ascertain that you visit the board rules section before proceeding to post in other threads.

GTO
Old 12th May 2006, 17:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

A nice Fun-To-Read intro after a long time, ECM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
As my profile says me a Gujju guy,will visit skoda showroom when I think to buy a new car and ending up buying a Maruti 800 and only few competitors I think can face me in this, sindhi or marwari.
Well, I have a Tamil friend who wasted a lot of time (including ours) in Chevrolet / Ford showrooms looking for a car to buy and finally bought a bike. Try beating that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
Do excuse me my poor english, cant improve much on it but till this date I never had any probs in finding a buyer for my stuff in any country round the world with my poor english.
What matters is not the medium, but the content. What use is fluency in English (or any other language), if you do not have anything worthwhile to put across ?

I was born in and spent the first 9 years in Gujurat (Amdavad). Quite some nice memories associated with that place, especially my school (St.Xaviers Loyola Hall - am yet to come across a school that could beat it). This was decades ago (1976 - 79) and I remember the big, boat like Chevy Impalas in which some of my friends used to get dropped at school and back.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 12th May 2006 at 17:05.
Old 12th May 2006, 17:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the team ECM. Glad teambhp could help out with your baleno.

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 12th May 2006 at 17:29.
Old 12th May 2006, 18:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Gujju bhai welcome to the forum. A very nice intro.
Enjoy your stay
Old 13th May 2006, 03:19   #7
Team-BHP Support

Hey ECM,

Very entertaining and funny intro

Welcome aboard!

cya
R
Old 13th May 2006, 04:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp,ECM.
OT:
Quote:
Well, I have a Tamil friend who wasted a lot of time (including ours) in Chevrolet / Ford showrooms looking for a car to buy and finally bought a bike. Try beating that.
I know of somebody who discussed Accords,Civics,CR-Vs,Laura and finally bought a Bajaj Avenger. What do ya say??
Old 17th May 2006, 23:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Ha..welcome to Tbhp, ECM. I'm Guessing you speak Russian too (Dasvidaniya, eh Tavarish..? ) ..and in THAT case, who gives a damn whether you know inglis or not...
Anyways, welcome....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed