Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2013, 19:13   #1

Hi everybody

I live in Mumbai and am a homemaker and mother to two beautiful kids. I recently became a Team BHP member. The hunt for a new car led me to this forum in January and since then I have been hooked. After reading several posts regarding hatchbacks in India we have narrowed down our search to 4 cars :- Swift, I20, Brio and Jazz. I hope to post a thread on my experience of finalising and buying a new car soon.

So stay tuned. Till then cheers!
Old 23rd February 2013, 19:46   #2
BHPian

Re: Hi everybody

JazzSail,
Quite interesting handle you got there!!

Welcome to team-bhp. Enjoy your stay!!
pradyblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 10:49   #3

Thanks Prady I thought so too. Great to be here finally.
Old 25th February 2013, 13:00   #4
BHPian

Welcome aboard.
From your handle, it seems you have already zeroed on the Jazz. Jazz is and will remain my first love

Please get acquainted with the rules of the forum which shall help you sail smoothly.

Looking forward for your ownership thread and if it is a Jazz, you're the lucky one to get the model before it is temporarily suspended.
MotoNanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 15:20   #5
BHPian

Welcome aboard ma'm! A unique handle as everyone here said. The jazz is a great car which i would have given consideration to if it weren't for the fuel pricing.
Old 25th February 2013, 15:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

An interesting handle: while Honda is stopping Jazz, the Sail is being refreshed.

While finalizing on Jazz please remember it is no longer in production and Honda is likely to launch a diesel vehicle soon.
Old 25th February 2013, 17:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard TBHP, jazzsail. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on this forum.

Ideally you should buy the jazz. Only whatever is in stock now, as production has been stopped, but still. I have always maintained it is the second best car available in India.

We look forward to the updates on your purchase soon
Old 26th February 2013, 09:56   #8

Thanks everybody for such a fab welcome. I got the news yesterday that Honda has discontinued production of Jazz. However, we booked our Jazz from Apex Honda in Mumbai on 17th Feb and got our registration number yesterday. We most probably will take the delivery of the car this Friday (God willing!). They had 1 car left which was Jazz X in Ralleye Red and we picked it up. I just loved the car from the moment I saw it and after reading various posts on Team BHP we made up our minds.

I chose Jazzsail because of my love for this car and to incorporate the word sail in it as we own a sailing company, hence Jazzsail. I feel lucky that we could get the car, the variant and the colour we wanted before it is discontinued. So thank you to Team BHP once again.
JazzSail is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 11:02   #9
BANNED

Its gud to see homemaking ladies on Automotive forum...hop on and enjoy the ride.
were you not worried about resale, parts availability of jazz, when you already knew it was being phased out??
I too faced same when i was in market for Getz crdi and already knew hyundai was taking if off the shelf.
Old 26th February 2013, 12:55   #10
BHPian

Welcome aboard TBHP, Jazzsail.

Looking forward for your ownership thread as other members mentioned.

I would suggest you to look either Swift or Jazz, but again if i have to opt between the two i would still go for Swift.
Old 26th February 2013, 13:55   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzSail View Post
Thanks everybody for such a fab welcome. I got the news yesterday that Honda has discontinued production of Jazz. However, we booked our Jazz from Apex Honda in Mumbai on 17th Feb and got our registration number yesterday. We most probably will take the delivery of the car this Friday (God willing!). They had 1 car left which was Jazz X in Ralleye Red and we picked it up. I just loved the car from the moment I saw it and after reading various posts on Team BHP we made up our minds.

I chose Jazzsail because of my love for this car and to incorporate the word sail in it as we own a sailing company, hence Jazzsail. I feel lucky that we could get the car, the variant and the colour we wanted before it is discontinued. So thank you to Team BHP once again.

Hello Jazzsail,

Warm welcome to T-BHP. And congratulations on your Jazz purchase. Yes, it is a really good car. My friends has it and that too the red colour. It looks really good and it had some amazing features which is not available in cars of competitors in the same segment.
Interesting that you own a sailing company, we would love to hear more about sailboats and other sailing adventures in this forum.

Best Regards
Sukhoi
Old 26th February 2013, 20:02   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
Its gud to see homemaking ladies on Automotive forum...hop on and enjoy the ride.
were you not worried about resale, parts availability of jazz, when you already knew it was being phased out??
I too faced same when i was in market for Getz crdi and already knew hyundai was taking if off the shelf.
We checked with Arya Honda, Solitaire Honda and Apex Honda about this but they all said that the car would not be discontinued. At best they would make some changes and reintroduce it in a new avatar. We didn't want to wait that long. Apart from that, the parts availability issue is taken care of and they have assured us that even 10 years down the line that won't be a problem. Besides we opted for 2 years extended warranty. I have heard that Honda takes care of its customers so we have just gone with what our hearts dictated. We intend to keep it for a long time so resale value is something that we have not given too much importance to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Welcome aboard TBHP, Jazzsail.

Looking forward for your ownership thread as other members mentioned.

I would suggest you to look either Swift or Jazz, but again if i have to opt between the two i would still go for Swift.
The only reason we didn't opt for the Swift is because we have been driving a second hand Maruti Esteem for 10 years. Everyone I know seems to own a Swift! Although it is a very good car there are just too many of them on the road and besides the waiting period is not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Hello Jazzsail,

Warm welcome to T-BHP. And congratulations on your Jazz purchase. Yes, it is a really good car. My friends has it and that too the red colour. It looks really good and it had some amazing features which is not available in cars of competitors in the same segment.
Interesting that you own a sailing company, we would love to hear more about sailboats and other sailing adventures in this forum.

Best Regards
Sukhoi
Hey Sukhoi,

Thank you and yes I will definitely post pictures and information regarding our sailing company Orca Sails which operates off Gateway of India. But, more on that later. At the moment I am just super excited because I have been told that our car will be ready for delivery on Thursday morning. I just can't wait. I will post more on ownership experience after taking possession of the car. Finally the Jazz will sail home!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 26th February 2013 at 20:38. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Old 26th February 2013, 20:26   #13
BHPian

A dealer never accepts that the particular car is being discontinued. Maruti dealers didn't even accepted that a Ritz facelift is coming.

No doubt Jazz is a great car. Moreover Honda has mentioned that they would reintroduce it under the same name in 2014.

IMO it is great that the name won't be extinct from the market. Unlike the Getz we may get the next generation of Jazz.

Last edited by k2max6 : 26th February 2013 at 20:30.
Old 26th February 2013, 20:36   #14

Yes that's true K2Max6 but we don't regret our decision. Anything is better than a 15 year old Maruti Esteem! I think we were fortunate to have got this car when there are so many people out there who paid booking amounts and waited for months. We are banking on Honda's assurance of a hassle free ownership and service experience.
Old 28th February 2013, 08:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzSail View Post
We are banking on Honda's assurance of a hassle free ownership and service experience.
I think that should not be a problem, it being a Honda.

You mentioned that you own a sailing company. Maybe we can get to hear some accounts of the life on water? We are all land creatures here, but it would be interesting to hear something about the other modes of transport too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks