Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2013, 21:44   #1
BHPian

First Post

Hi All,

Finally, my "jump off the chair" moment arrived today. After multiple attempts, received the approval mail from moderators today. And here I am, writing my intro post from Delhi airport (in transit to Bombay). Could not really hold myself back to complete my journey to write my first post.

A little background about myself. At the risk of being lynched (given prevalent anti banker sentiments), I am an average joe making a living out of my job in i-banking industry.

Have spent close to 6 years of my life in Bombay now. I originally hail from Patna.

My fascination with cars begun long time back when Maruti 800 used to be the most modern car of India. Used to drool over the car and picked many a fight with parents to push them towards acquiring one. As fate had it, we never purchased the car. Will never forget the longing which I used to have.

In later part of my life, god had been kinder to me. I ended up doing my graduation in mechanical engineering (b. tech.) from IIT Kharagpur and PGDM from IIM Ahmedabad.

As soon as I completed my education, my first big purchase of Hyundai Accent GLE. OK, I accept, this is not the best driver's car around. But, it had been my reliable companion for more than 5 years over more than 60,000 kms. Also, ended up acquiring Yamaha R15 within 2 months of its launch. This lovely 2 wheeler has done 35,000 kms since.

As with every other BHPian, I love to go on long drives (people in my office call me crazy for driving 500-600 kms over the weekends). The love for automobiles and long drives brought me here. Had been a lurker for now close to two years. Have planned Mumbai-Goa drive and Delhi-Kausani drives based on information available on the forum. And boy, the trips turned out to be perfect with every little thing being taken care by the info available. Would love to interact with the other BHPians (who already feel like a family after my long lurking association with the forum) and contribute to various forums with my little experience.

Bombay BHPians, be ready to be flashed by a grey Accent if you are sporting a team-BHP sticker . Look forward to catching up with you all in next Bombay meet.

Cheers!
Old 1st March 2013, 00:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: First Post

Welcome aboard TBHP, Gotham City. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on this forum.

Glad that TBHP was able to help you out when you were just lurking. Imagine how much it can do now that you can actively ask the questions you want and can give feedback as well.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 10:22   #3
BHPian

Hi Gotham City, do i see a batman fan here ? Jokes aside, welcome to team-bhp!
Have fun and keep revving!
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 11:46   #4
BHPian

Many thanks to all you folks for the warm welcome.

Yes, I am a big batman fan. The fallibility of this super hero and his strong adversaries really intrigue me. And nevertheless, he has got an awesome set of wheels to drive on

As suggested, I have gone through the rules in detail. Don't want to be on the receiving end after earning the coveted team-BHP membership.

Also, with the help from esteemed BHPians handy on trip planning, I am sure I shall be undertaking ever longer trips to unexplored corners of the country.

Thanks again for the wishes.
Old 1st March 2013, 12:44   #5
BHPian

Gotham, welcome to the club. Have fun and keep sharing your experiences :-)
Wagoner is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks