Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2013, 15:00   #1
BHPian

Introducing Me

Hello Everyone

i have been reading Team-Bhp for many years now and i always refer to team bhp before i do anything on my car. I am from Kerala but been staying in Mumbai for 7 years now. I currently drive a Red Swift Zxi. The car has been my companion for more than 7 years now. I have only good things to say about my Swift, it has been one really faithful and trusted friend. Has never let me down and have had any major repairs on it except for the usual servicing. It is now shod on Michelin XM 2 (which i decided to buy after reading the review on team bhp) and still performs almost as good as the day i bought it. I also have a Yamaha RX 100 which is rarely used but still is in great condition. I learned driving on a premier padmini at a very your age (12 or 13). i know it was not right but those were different times. i don't recommend anybody driving without a proper license on public roads. Subsequently my father sold it and bought a Palio 1.2 ELX. So i have done the bulk of my early driving on Fiat cars. The padmini was a gem and i really enjoyed driving it and loved the column shift plus the fact that it was a rear wheel drive car. I am now married and have 2 kids so don't get to spend that much time with my swift and it has been almost 2 years since i went on a long drive and i am fed up of the city driving in mumbai. so planning on a long trip early next month. will share it once i do it. also thanks to all the bhpians for the valuable suggestions and knowledge that has been shared in the forum. it adds tremendous value.

Drive more
Old 4th March 2013, 16:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Introducing Me

Welcome aboard TBHP, Mohan. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on this forum.

Cool that TBHP was able to help you even before you became a member. Imagine how much more it can help you now that you can ask specific questions and get answers.

Nice cars you learnt to drive on. Don't worry about when you learnt to drive. My brother and I learnt to drive at approximately the same age. Mom taught us, and the irony of it is that she rarely drives these days and mostly gets chauffeur driven.
Old 4th March 2013, 16:56   #3
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP Mohan! Do go on long drives since i believe thats what keeps us fresh for a really long time! A Swift zxi is your current ride, nice to see you have a car which has good safety in place. Last but not the least, keep driving and keep revving! Hoping to have future interactions on this forum with you as well.
Old 4th March 2013, 17:10   #4
BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP Mohan!! Wonder why you were unable to go on long drives ... Maruti Swift is an amazing car for offroading in Indian conditions. Many of my friends have it and vouch for its reliability and maneuverability. Wish you good luck on your long trip and hope to see some good photos. I recommenad you to go through some of the excellent articles on safe driving posted here http://www.team-bhp.com/safety. You may find them useful since you have not done any long drive for quite sometime. Good Luck!!!
Old 5th March 2013, 10:20   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Welcome aboard TBHP, Mohan. Please make it a point to go through the rules so that you enjoy a pleasant stay on this forum.

Cool that TBHP was able to help you even before you became a member. Imagine how much more it can help you now that you can ask specific questions and get answers.

Nice cars you learnt to drive on. Don't worry about when you learnt to drive. My brother and I learnt to drive at approximately the same age. Mom taught us, and the irony of it is that she rarely drives these days and mostly gets chauffeur driven.
Thanks for the welcome. I have been reading up the rules so that i don't commit any faux pas. looking forward to future interactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP Mohan! Do go on long drives since i believe thats what keeps us fresh for a really long time! A Swift zxi is your current ride, nice to see you have a car which has good safety in place. Last but not the least, keep driving and keep revving! Hoping to have future interactions on this forum with you as well.
Thanks. I bought the car more than 7 years back and the main reason i went for the swift was that it was the only car that had ABS and Airbags in the price range. A lot of my friends said i am crazy to spend so much money on a 'small car' when with the same money i could get a sedan. But even now i see many people say that but awareness is a lot more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Welcome to T-BHP Mohan!! Wonder why you were unable to go on long drives ... Maruti Swift is an amazing car for offroading in Indian conditions. Many of my friends have it and vouch for its reliability and maneuverability. Wish you good luck on your long trip and hope to see some good photos. I recommenad you to go through some of the excellent articles on safe driving posted here http://www.team-bhp.com/safety. You may find them useful since you have not done any long drive for quite sometime. Good Luck!!!
Thanks. I am not able to go due to paucity of time. With 2 little brats and office there is very little time left for anything else. On the off-roading bit, i daily off-road, as what you get in mumbai is no way proper roads. Thanks for the advice i have been reading up on safety related links.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks