Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2013, 10:42   #1
Team-BHP Support

A BHPian from Surat, GJ!

Hey guys!

This is Gannu_1 a.k.a. Ganesh from Surat, Gujjuland originally belonging to Palakkad, God's Own Country.

First off, thanks to the admins and the moderators for approving the membership. Truth be told, after hearing all the horrors spread around, I didn't have the slightest clue that my membership would be approved. And the best part - I was applying for the first time. Everything I mentioned there was honest and yes, I feel very glad at the moment.

I have been a long time lurker at T-BHP (circa 2008). I used to keep an eye on the exotics spotted thread and the Skoda thread. Thanks to this forum, I was able to pass on that link to a few guys who was interested to buy a Skoda but that was sometime back anyway (I hope their after sales service has improved now!). I do not own any rides at the moment but I may get a car next year if all goes well. A friend from Pune (Amey) had driven down to Surat few weeks back on his Vento 1.6L TDI and I drove his ride for a brief distance. The low-end torque absolutely blew me away! Impressive car. All this while, I was under the impression that the Vento was essentially a Polo with the added boot space! My family back at Palakkad owns a Swift Dzire VXi (2010 model) and that’s a decent car. Somehow my folks love the Maruti branding and they are attached to it ever since they owned the first 800 from the late ‘80s. I respect the fellow commuters on the road and obey the rules at all times. Confession: I’ve done a 160 kmph on the Swift on the Dindigul-Madurai NH-7!

I am a mechanical engineer by graduation (passed out in 2008) and currently work for L&T’s ship-building division at Surat as the Assistant Manager and do detailed designs of ships and the related supervision. This is an interesting industry although India is way behind the Koreans (fact: Hyundai Heavy Industries is the current world leader followed by Samsung and Daewoo), Chinese and the Japanese. And for the most part, the powertrain of the ship is pretty much identical to that of an automobile - just that the components are huge. And the engines are mostly low speed (120 rpm) and two stroke (less complicated engine innards and power available on every second stroke) which can run on a variety of fuels - more on that later! Other interests include computers and fiddling around with the hardware, gaming on the PS3, X360 and PC, gadgetry, movies, music and the likes. I am a member of the TE forums since 2007 and have been a moderator for quite some time now. I see a lot of familiar faces here!

I have been through the rules of the forum, shall respect them and abide by them. So guys, in a nutshell that would be me. Cheers and ride safe!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th July 2020 at 19:49. Reason: Japs > Japanese.
Gannu_1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 15:51   #2
BHPian

Re: A BHPian from Surat, GJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

This is Gannu_1 a.k.a. Ganesh from Surat, Gujjuland originally belonging to Palakkad, God's Own Country.
Welcome to the forum Gannu_1, here's wishing you a great experience on the forum. Your introduction smacks of one quality that is a trademark on this forum - comprehensive! Kudos on that.

Your job profile seems interesting designing ships and supervising ship building operations, looking forward to threads related to the process as well as the inevitable Ahmedabad-Baroda highway drive review of the car you plan to buy in future. Have a look at the winding Xbox v PS3 discussions on the forum, though I'm an unabashed xbox fan and eagerly awaiting the new console slated to release later this year dubbed the xbox 720.

Best wishes,

MM.
Old 22nd April 2013, 16:41   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: A BHPian from Surat, GJ!

Hey! Thank you for the warm welcome MM. I might have overlooked this section altogether! I happened to see a mail in the inbox a while back regarding the subscribed threads.

I am eagerly looking forward to the day I shall be booking my first ride! I am in love with the Vento, specifically the Shadow Blue variant. Looks smashing! Newer models and facelifts may arrive in the meantime so I've got to do some research before finalising. But anyways, that's a long way to go.

Let me go through the various reviews and other threads in the meantime. Oh yes, I am eagerly waiting for the next generation consoles from MS and Sony - let's keep our fingers crossed!

Best,
Gannu
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks