Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2013, 15:59   #1
BHPian

Hello, new here

Hi all,

Glad to be part of the group. Thanks moderators.

I'm originally from Kerala, now staying in Navi Mumbai. I love driving. Not much an expert in cars, nor can say that i'm a car enthusiast. But love driving, especially long drives.

I have been driving for more than 16 years, so quite old compared to most of you guys Have driven in 7 countries, other than India, extensive driving in USA and Malaysia. Good amount in Canada and Thailand also. And for the records have driven few kms in Singapore and Nigeria.

Experienced a major accident in which i have to total / junk my car. This was long time ago in 1998. Recent mishap was hitting a dog in NH4 near Tumkur. The dog died and my car front bumper cracked and damaged fog lamp too. Other than these two no major incidents, only small scratches and 'kissing' other cars and pillars in the parking lot.

I witnessed a major accident in NH4 last year where a car toppled and dived into a field and 3 or 4 people died on the spot. It was the saddest day of my driving experience. I have a friend who was hit by a car and his right leg got damaged and after 2 years in hospital and big rod installed in his leg, lost a toe and he still limps. These incidents made me think about the importance of safe driving and i try to be as careful as possible.

Ok, now I drive a 2009 red Punto (one of the earliest ones in India). I do Mumbai-Bangalore trips once in every 2-3 months. Couple of times to Goa also. The longest trip in India was solo drive from Trivandrum to Mumbai last November.

I think this is enough in the introduction post. Looking forward to meeting you guys and share more experience.
Old 5th April 2013, 16:26   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello, new here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
Hi all,

Glad to be part of the group. Thanks moderators.

I'm originally from Kerala, now staying in Navi Mumbai. .
From one mallu to another , Welcome Johny Boy ... Have a great time here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks