Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2013, 01:10   #1
BHPian

Introduction-Feels great to be here!

Hi friends,

This piece has been long due for some unwanted reasons. It's been a few months when the mods obliged me with an acceptance.

I have been reading Team-BHP ever since I decided to buy my first car (with my own money, April 2010) and when one of my relatives suggested that I should read some very informative ownership reviews by real world users on this portal. The information available on Team-BHP and numerous test drives led me to buy a Swift petrol, with the K-series mill.

The love with my car as well as Team-BHP, has only grown deeper over the last three years. I have been reading stuff with specific interest on car maintainance, and with huge interest in the ICE threads. And dare I say, the information shared by some of you experts has been anything short of enlightening. Will look forward to meeting some of you who are from Gurgaon and Delhi during one of the meets.

A little bit about me- I am a business development professional from the Software industry. I love reading about cars, especially new launches, however I limit my reading to only those cars that I may be able to own in the next 10 years. Well, I am a realist and I don't want to know much about anything that costs more than a Chevy Cruz. I just can't relate with those cars.

I love going for long drives on my Swift and make it a point that I keep alternating between family trips and all-boys trips to stay sane. :-) I have clocked more than 200k km in cars, 60,000 on my beloved Swift. Started off as an aggressive driver but with greying hair and added responsibilities have now become relatively sedate. However, every now and then I just love going to 70 in 2nd, 110 in 3rd and all the way to driving Nirvana in the 4th gear. When in such a mood, I don't really care for the 5th, thanks to the tall gear ratios on this car.

For me, on a trip, 90% pleasure is derived from the drive, the remaining 10% is just incidental. No wonder then that I like my favourite songs to sound good, this makes the journey even sweeter. Have a basic JVC, JBL and RF set-up with damping on front doors but it is now past it's sell-by date, thanks to gurus Navin, LBM, Frank Mehta and B&T. I am running away from the ICE bug, which is sooner or later going to bite. I like the sound of my current set-up but know from reading the ICE threads, that there is huge scope for improvement. My love for Team-BHP has reached levels that my wife finds alarming.

On that note, would like to tell you all that this forum has been the best ever online find for me and I will cherish being a part of this group of like intentioned people.

Cheers
Vaibhav
Swiftoholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 17:55   #2
BHPian

Re: Introduction-Feels great to be here!

Wonderful introduction, Vaibhav! After reading the whole content, I need not ask why you are on T-BHP. Nice to hear that TBHP helped you in the process of acquiring your Swift.
An ownership review loaded with pictures would be appreciated.
Have a great stay here!
Old 12th April 2013, 18:40   #3
BHPian

Thanks Loud! Well, it was surely more than help that Team-BHP did. It cleared up my mind on what I badly wanted in my car and what I could live without, whether I should have bought a top end variant of a car from a segment below or the base model from the B segment. I do have an ownership review on my mind, but that is still a few weeks away. There aren't too many on Swift K-series, at least to my knowledge and hopefully people will find it interesting to read.
Old 12th April 2013, 20:08   #4
BHPian

Welcome aboard swiftoholic. Going by your introduction, I am sure your ownership thread is going to be a very interesting read. The K series engine is one of the most fuel efficient petrol engines available. I have heard some fantastic numbers from my friend's swift as well as ritz.

OT: Its safe to be a realist. In some situations we all are.

But somewhere I read
"It is better to fail trying to accomplish something beyond our capacity, than to keep completing things which we can easily do."
Old 12th April 2013, 22:59   #5
BHPian

Will give the write-up an honest try. I am anticipating that the FE figures for my Swift will end up disappointing you. This is probably because of my poor driving style, however, there are many good things about the car and the engine which you may like.

P.S. - that's very sound piece of advice you shared, will try and push myself to read about and strive for the Accords and the Superbs!
Old 13th April 2013, 14:15   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftoholic View Post
Thanks Loud! Well, it was surely more than help that Team-BHP did. It cleared up my mind on what I badly wanted in my car and what I could live without, whether I should have bought a top end variant of a car from a segment below or the base model from the B segment. I do have an ownership review on my mind, but that is still a few weeks away. There aren't too many on Swift K-series, at least to my knowledge and hopefully people will find it interesting to read.
Appreciate your writing skills, mate! Waiting eagerly for the ownership report. You can make use of the 'Assembly Line' section for creating one, and hope it will be up in coming weeks!
Do make sure you post lots of pics.
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 14:12   #7
BHPian

Hi Vaibhav,

great to read your introduction, albeit a few months late! So, permit me to extend to you a belated, but hearty welcome.

Realism of the kind displayed by you ensures realistic takes on those cars, that are actually within reach of the majority of us. Looking forward to your posts.
Tigger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 11:13   #8
BHPian

Great introduction, Vaibhav! Welcome aboard and have a great time contributing to T-BHP.
Samartha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 21:52   #9
BHPian

Thanks Tigger and Samartha for extending the warm welcome!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks