Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2006, 19:08   #1
BHPian

Classics, Vintages anyone?

Hi everyone,

I just happened to chance upon this wonderful community. I am a 29 year old Webmaster from Nagpur. Cars are my first love (I married the second one :-) and that led to my third love, my lovely eight month old daughter!!).

I own a Maruti Zen Vxi (2006), a 1986 Premier Padmini handed down by my father, a 1986 Priya scooter (recently restored), a 1991 LML Vespa T5 (the cult scooter and one of the few original Italian breed Vespas that were sold in India) and a 1981 Luna TFR (two-tone color, under restoration)

I am a die-hard Vintage and Classic car enthusiast and you may have read one of my articles in Autocar India and Auto India magazines covering Vintage and Classic events in Nagpur and Mumbai.

I recently restored my Premier Padmini to its original glory. You can see some pictures of the finished project here.

I look forward to knowing you all at Team BHP!

- Rohit
Old 20th May 2006, 19:35   #2
BHPian

Hello Rohit,welcome to Tbhp,am another vintage and classic car fan,hey the car looks neat buddy and quiet a few of the members own premier padmini here on Tbhp.Looking forward to some real good posts about vintage and classic cars from your end.Enjoy your stay..

Cheers Ed...
Old 21st May 2006, 00:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey newcoolgadgets,

Welcome aboard and enjoy ur stay.
Welcome to TBHP.
Your Name on Team-Bhp and Your hobby both are different.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 21st May 2006, 10:00   #4
BHPian

From the restoration work on your Padmini, you sure look like an avid classic lover!! Very well mantained Padmini.
Old 21st May 2006, 18:53   #5
BHPian

Thank you all for your welcomes. There is some serious talent out here! Mugen_Power, your modded Honda City just rocks, man!

Power to the People!

-Rohit
Old 22nd May 2006, 10:49   #6
BANNED

Hi Rohit,
Well, I am much older than you at over 50, and I am also into Vintage and Classics in a big way. I have a small collection of cars and will share some photos and notes from time to time. Watch this space. Need time to upload the photos. You can mail me on xoticars@yahoo.com if you like.
xoticars.
Old 22nd May 2006, 14:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey newcoolgadgets, the Padmini looks superb, I must say. You have made just the right kind of modifications to keep the classic look while having modern gadgets too. It looks excellent.
Old 22nd May 2006, 17:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Welcome aboard..
Old 23rd May 2006, 19:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

hi guys, im a classic fan and collector too. presently collecting mercedes benz range and american musclecars. looking for cars before 1976. pl letme know if anyone wants to sell. pm me pls.
Old 7th July 2006, 23:52   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

hey there

nice car man...a big fiat fan myself...

do join the fiat classic car club of india based here in pune...message me for details

am a great vintage and classic car fan myself...

cheers
karl
Old 28th August 2006, 16:25   #11
BANNED

Hi Rohit,
I am from Chennai and an architect by profession. I am a great lover and collector of Vintage and Classic cars and thought I write and say hi.
I have taken a load of pictures of cars over the years and recently uploaded the pics onto a website for the moment. I will eventually download the lot into a web page that I plan to start shortly to connect enthusiasts like you. The web page is www.zorpia.com/xoticars Let me know what you think. You can also talk to me via my email xoticars@yahoo.com
Ajit Ramchandran-Chennai.
Old 29th January 2007, 14:10   #12
BANNED

He Rohit,

I cant see any pics(dont know why), It seems we are in the same platform, I myself have 1) 1987 Bajaj Priya fully restored with engine 2) 1997 Maruti 800 with fully restored engine and headers and 3) 1967 1600 cc Yellow VW Beetle. I myself have restored my brothers 1977 Premier Padmini minus tail fin. and few other cars. good to know about your passion. kindly share few pics on rcs.hdfc@gmail.com.
Old 29th January 2007, 15:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
He Rohit,

I cant see any pics(dont know why), It seems we are in the same platform, I myself have 1) 1987 Bajaj Priya fully restored with engine 2) 1997 Maruti 800 with fully restored engine and headers and 3) 1967 1600 cc Yellow VW Beetle. I myself have restored my brothers 1977 Premier Padmini minus tail fin. and few other cars. good to know about your passion. kindly share few pics on rcs.hdfc@gmail.com.
Yea...the pictures on tht site arent showing anymore...i guess his account on tht siteexpired or somthing....(which is why you should use imageshack)

@Pavan Kadam: How about sharing a some pics with us....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed