Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2013, 05:15   #1

Hello from Brisvegas

Hi BHPians,

Finally, after couple of attempts I am part of this great community. I think I came across Team-BHP when I was doing some research for my family's first car purchase a couple of years back & since then I have been following the community. I must say, Team-BHP does maintain its quality standards rather well & that makes me that much prouder to be part of it.

I am originally from Vadodara, Gujarat and have been in Australia for last 6 years. Currently, I am working as a Systems Administrator in Brisbane. Outside of work my current interests include photography. I have been procrastinating about getting a sky-diving license for last couple of years but family has been stopping me as it is a dangerous sport. Let's see how long can they deny me this.

My car history is very brief. First car was a 1999 Nissan Pulsar. Loved the high revving engine in that car. Even though it was an Automatic, it was one if the better Automatics at holding the right gear rather than many modern cars constantly trying to up-shift.

Finally, when I got bored of the Pulsar, I went to buy my first new car last year for my 24th Birthday. Long story short - after waiting for over 9 months I picked up my new Toyota 86 GTS MT in Lighting Red last month. Picture attached below.

I look forward to learn from this great community & possibly contribute to it at times.

Cheers,

Umang
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from Brisvegas-photo.jpg  

hachiroku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 08:48   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello from Brisvegas

Welcome aboard hachiroku. Nice username and an even nicer car. Enjoy your stay here.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 12:06   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard!

That is one hell of a machine. The looks are gorgeous! Can you share details on the power and transmission. Better would be a ownership thread

Keep posting and get acquainted with the forum rules for a smooth ride
Old 10th May 2013, 12:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TeamBHP! When I saw your user id (hachiroku = 86), I was wondering what the connection was, until I read your post! Have a nice stay here. It's full of knowledgeable, friendly and helpful people.
Old 10th May 2013, 12:49   #5
BHPian

Welcome Aboard from Abroad !!
Looking forward to a review of the 86.

When I saw your car's pic I said "It's a Subaru BRZ; how come the same model under a different brand with a different name?"

But a bit of google's help made me realize that it is called as: Toyota GT86 (Europe) Scion FR-S (North America) and the Subaru BRZ.
Also that HachiRoku = 86 (i.e. your priced possession).

-Bhargav
Old 11th May 2013, 09:59   #6

Thank you all for warm welcome. I will be doing an ownership thread on it soon.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks