Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2013, 15:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hope to be the first TEAM-BHPian from my city, Kalyan

Hello Everyone,

After several failed attempts, finally wrote my heart out while applying, and look what happened???

To introduce myself, I am a born & brought up suburban Mumbai guy (The title of the thread will give you an idea of the exact location)

I love machines (not just limited to automobiles) and am continously hooked to TV channels, websites, magazines which have content around machines.

The Machines I have owned so far include the following

Four Wheelers
Maruti Zen (1997 model)
Fiat Palio 1.2 Sport (2002 model) - Current
Honda Civic 2008 SMT (2008 model) - Current

Two Wheelers
Sunny (moped, 1999 model)
IND- Suzuki (1995 model)
Kinetic Velocity (2003 model)
Hero Honda CBZ (1997 model)
Honda Unicorn (2008 model) - Current
Hero Honda CBZ (2001 model) - Current

I enjoy driving and riding equally. Have recently graduated to cars and all my cars so far have been preowned (thanks to Team-Bhp Advice section).

My auto dream
I dream of having a personal workshop where I could try my hand at working on my cars. Have been searching for plots of about 2-4 gunthas for the same around Mumbai (1 guntha = 33x33 feet). However Vitamin - M is the only constraint. Want to buy a plot which is not more than an hours drive from home. Have preserved my Palio for the same purpose (experiment vehicle)

My other hobbies include sports like volleyball, Table tennis, Badminton and Trekking - have completed the following treks so far in the sahyadris

Alang-Kulang, Alang-Ratangad-Harishchandragad, Harishchandragad (Nalichiwat - dry waterfall route), Rajgad-Torna, Harishchandragad (Dam route), Rajmachi, Lohagad

Thats it about me. Really really looking forward to interacting with lots of folks here, both online and offline.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 17:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hope to be the first TEAM-BHPian from my city, Kalyan

Welcome to the team 2000rpm!

Good luck with finding your guntha - it'll be really interesting reading about your first hand experiences! Nice choice of cars there, too. I take it you are more of naturally aspirated person.

Cheers!
Old 14th May 2013, 14:53   #3
BHPian

Welcome on-board @2000rpm. good see more and more guys from Mumbai on-board. Super list of cars there too... Hope to interact soon
Old 14th May 2013, 14:59   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the gang 2000rpm. Interesting list of treks there. Do share travelogues for those , as we share a common interest of trekking .
Old 14th May 2013, 15:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Sure Dodge_Viper, will try to write travelogues for some of the best ones. Lot of interesting things have happened with us during these treks.
Old 14th May 2013, 15:11   #6
BHPian

Welcome on board T-BHP bro and have a nice stay.
There are a few of us from the neighbourhood here. I am from Ambarnath but in Delhi for work for a while now.
Happy motoring and cheers!
Old 14th May 2013, 15:12   #7
BHPian

Hieeeee 2000rpm ! Welcome to Team-BHP. So glad to see a member from Kalyan. Its been a lonely drive all this while . Welcome, and hope to read more from you . May our tribe in Team-BHP increase !!!
Old 14th May 2013, 15:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting introduction 2000rpm.

You have some nice drives there and sad that you said Palio is preserved to be an experiment car. Don't you love her. I still miss my Palio 1.2 NV Sport (check my garage) who parted me a bigger diesel commuter joined the family.

Expecting a long term ownership report on Palio and Civic. Go through the forum rules carefully. Wishing an eventful journey with Team-BHP.

Last edited by jacs : 14th May 2013 at 15:17.
Old 14th May 2013, 21:45   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
My other hobbies include sports like volleyball, Table tennis, Badminton and Trekking - have completed the following treks so far in the sahyadris

Alang-Kulang, Alang-Ratangad-Harishchandragad, Harishchandragad (Nalichiwat - dry waterfall route), Rajgad-Torna, Harishchandragad (Dam route), Rajmachi, Lohagad
Good to you covering many places around Sahyadris. Hope you would write about them and share. Welcome to the group.
Old 14th May 2013, 21:52   #10
BHPian

Hi 2000rpm! Welcome aboard team-bhp. I know the exact feeling of being accepted after being rejected many times. This a great forum for petrolheads. Hope to read your travelogues soon.

Shanksta
Old 15th May 2013, 11:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Very interesting introduction 2000rpm.

You have some nice drives there and sad that you said Palio is preserved to be an experiment car. Don't you love her. I still miss my Palio 1.2 NV Sport (check my garage) who parted me a bigger diesel commuter joined the family.

Expecting a long term ownership report on Palio and Civic. Go through the forum rules carefully. Wishing an eventful journey with Team-BHP.
I loved my Palio, I still love the looks but after some of the experiences I faced with her, especially because of reliability I really dont rely on the car at all.

I have spent my 1st Jan in Ratnagiri MIDC area to firstly find a mechanic who was ready to touch a Palio, Secondly to find spares. This was after the Fiat Service Station totally ditched me and refused to touch a Palio. And this was in the middle of a road trip (Murud, Ganpatipule, Goa, Bangalore) Will share this experience in detail some time later.

Have recently bought a Civic, so will post the long term ownership report once i have run atleast 10000 kms with it.
Old 16th May 2013, 17:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I loved my Palio, I still love the looks but after some of the experiences I faced with her, especially because of reliability I really dont rely on the car at all.

I have spent my 1st Jan in Ratnagiri MIDC area to firstly find a mechanic who was ready to touch a Palio, Secondly to find spares. This was after the Fiat Service Station totally ditched me and refused to touch a Palio. And this was in the middle of a road trip (Murud, Ganpatipule, Goa, Bangalore) Will share this experience in detail some time later.
oh! that is not a good news buddy. Never heard much on reliability front but yes spare and maintainability outside Authorized workshop was an issue with FIAT. But its going to improve anyways with FIATs decision to open direct dealerships and service chains.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed