Team-BHP - Newbie from the capital region
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Newbie from the capital region (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/136481-newbie-capital-region.html)

Hello Everyone,

BIG thanks to the moderators for approving my request.Its been close to a year since i got hooked to Team-BHP . Could not help myself getting addicted to the travelogues & ownership reports. Truly inspiring! :) Its feels good to be a part of "THE" team.

Who am I?
I am a 25 year old from the outskirts of New Delhi. Born and raised in Amchi Mumbai. I have spent close to 4 years in Poland for my bachelors in engineering.Had lots of wonderful experiences overseas, witnessed F1 at the beautiful Spa-Francorchamps and at Hungaroring,Budapest. Explored Europe in every possible way i could, and the best memories were the countryside drives! Apart from cars i have a passion for cooking. I can spend a entire day in the kitchen without any complains, the only thing i need is the melodic, soft trance music.

What I Do?
Pursuing my networking dream: CCIE.

Car i own: Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Lxi Duo (2009)
The car has clocked 78869Kms( 60% on LPG) in 4 years,still running on stock MRF ZVTS and it has a trouble free journey till date . More on the car when i get a chance to write down a long-term ownership report.2013 looks a favorable year for a upgrade, and i am eyeing the DDiS with the practical ritz or the sporty swift.

Cars that i have driven:

Got my license at the age of 18. Before that it was just Midtown Madness and NFS where no one needs a license to drive :D I learned driving in our wagon R which was just a week old. Soon after, i left India for my bachelors.Poland,since its proximity to Germany every time i hit the road it was a pleasure to watch so many German beauties on the road. Thanks to family,i got the opportunity to drive Volvo S40,Toyota yaris 1.3 Auto,Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro,Nissan Almera,BMW 320 D.

Yaris was like a toy ,easy to maneuver,good visibility,toyota badge.Ideal for city.Not so impressive was the sound it made while shifting gears and interior quality.

Volvo S40 was the first diesel drive in my life.The immense power the 1996cc generates every time i floor the pedals,the gearshift,interiors made me fell in love with me every time i took the wheels.Hard steering,high positioning of the dashboard was what i disliked.

Audi A6 I have never expected in my life ,me driving a Audi at such a young age. Well, i was in for a HUGE surprise. I had already been loving the S40 more and more till i drove this luxurious beast. It was the most amazing car i have driven till date. Loved every bit of my experience.Did a lot of long trips on this one ,about 3000 kms in one week( Warsaw-Brussels-Paris & Back).

BMW 320 D This was the replacement to my uncle's S40. Nice interiors,elegant looks,the engine etc where the good bits. The rear wheel drive was a bit irritating during the winters when the car used to skid a lot.

To wrap up , i dream of owning a AUDI Q3.

Looking forward to contribute in the best way possible.

Regards,
Rishi

Rishi,

Welcome to Team-BHP. It was indeed a good introduction. Happy to see we sail in the same boat for career and cooking interests. All the best for your CCIE.

Also nice to know you were lucky to enjoy some good rides. Let Q3 be a reality in your life and not just a dream.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacs (Post 3127969)
Rishi,

Welcome to Team-BHP. It was indeed a good introduction. Happy to see we sail in the same boat for career and cooking interests. All the best for your CCIE.

Also nice to know you were lucky to enjoy some good rides. Let Q3 be a reality in your life and not just a dream.

Thank you jacs for the welcome. Really nice to know that we have similar interests. Thanks for the wishes.

Yes,I hope all the hard-work pays off. :)

Regards