Team-BHP - Newbie from Pune
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Newbie from Pune (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/136772-newbie-pune.html)

Hey!

I am a 25 year old car enthusiast/amateur from Pune. People around me address me as Shishir. I have been a fan of things on four-wheels (not restricting to just cars) as far as I can remember. I cannot recall when the fad turned into obsession.

I am a content writer by profession. This is not my first job. I had started my career as the Marketing Head for a friend’s brother’s company in Pune. This was soon after my repeated attempts to pass in math in my MBA failed. I am bad at numbers, is not difficult to gauge from ‘repeated attempts to pass, failed’. I decided to move on as my precious life at 24 was being spent in college, mostly around it. I quit the Marketing Head’s post in less than 3 months when the company went into losses and I ‘had’ to quit. Also I did not do any business in my tenure at the company.

The marketing experience helped me crystallize my belief that the MBA in marketing was not for me. I was looking for a change, and it dawned upon me that I was to fend for myself and fleecing parents off their hard earned money was no longer my best bet. Days turned into weeks, weeks to months. The days were spent sleeping, evenings with friends with jobs, and the nights being an owl.

The constant merry-talk about all the books my best friend read and what an amazing job she had as a Content Writer, encouraged me to try something that was my best bet then. Rest is history.
During my free time when at home in between all the dreaming, I came across Team-Bhp while researching on cars. That was sometime in 2010. I have been researching all about cars ever since, on T-Bhp. I never thought of being a member as all the required information was available and easily accessible. I tried to register once and was too lazy to fill out the empty boxes with information, and changed my mind. Recently, I decided to register and chuck the laziness. I was accepted at the first attempt, which I am really happy about.
I am passionate about cars. The way cars look, shine, smell, drive, etc, etc. get all of my attention. Other things that catch my fancy apart from cars and driving are reading, travelling, watching movies, and listening to the evergreen Asha Bhosale – Kishore Kumar songs. I am a foodie and love to explore new places every now and then. I am a shopaholic and splurge on garments, perfumes, and shoes.

The cars/bikes that we (5 blood related family members) currently own are as follows:

1. Maruti Suzuki WagonR (2005)
2. Tata Indigo (2011)
3. Skoda Octavia (2013)
4. My father who is in U.A.E owns a Toyota Corolla (2006) and a Ford
Focus Sport (2012)
5. Hero Honda CBZ (2003)
6. Hero Honda Karizma (2006)
7. My brother who is in U.A.E owns a Honda CBR Fireblade (2009)

We have retained the WagonR till date.

The cars that I wish to own are as follows:

1. Skoda Octavia vRS
2. BMW M5 (not the current one)
3. Lamborghini Aventador J
4. Lamborghini Aventador LP 720-4
5. Range Rover
6. Volvo S60

…and the list goes on.

I do not want to be labeled something that I am not. The above list of cars does not define the person that I am. I am a lot more than the kind of cars I like.

Looking forward to a beautiful camaraderie.

Thanking you once again Team-Bhp,

Regards,

Cheers!

Welcome aboard, eldiablo and enjoy your stay on the forum.

Do familiarize yourself with the board rules. Keep an eye on the meet section to catch up with fellow team-bhpians from Pune.

An interesting introduction eldiablo, especially the college part:).

Enjoy your stay here and do contribute as there are active threads here for each of your interest; not just automobiles.