Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 13:37   #1
BHPian

My Grail Quest is over, here I am

My dear fellow petrol heads,

We all must have heard the story of ‘Robert The Bruce’ who was inspired by a Spider spinning the web repeatedly until he is successful , I never had a similar example in my life which I can relate myself to .

That being said my Team-BHP membership quest comes closest to it. Finally I have landed my priced catch ( a newbie membership).

It all started in 2010, while I was googling I came across Deky’s Mt.Kailash Trip. I started devouring the thread and completed it in record time. I got the spider bite that moment.

Then I went on the other travelogues , like Tanveer’s , Anirbhan Da’s , Yeti’s, Lalu’s to name a few from the Very passionate travel writers I have ever found. You guys have made my ‘N’ number of days. The naming list never seem to stop as I have been here very actively for the past three years eavesdropping , was never a member though.

Then I started applying for my membership from the past One and half year , each time I got the better luck next time message. After trying five times I felt that’s it. I would be a listener from now on.

Times moved on, I was happy being a listener. Then while following our Samurai’s ( a.k.a Sarath’s) MDP550 thread a week back I came across something like ‘after ‘Yeti’s tragedy’, I didn’t know unless I googled with the keywords that Sam Kapasi is no more with us.

I was quite taken aback since I didn’t know this even while I was goggling down his threads that he had left us . I felt that sting the one which you feel when you lose a close friend. I knew Team-BHP had transformed me in ways I never knew .

I tried again for a membership , this time nothing crossed 120 words, I checked my sentences twice or thrice before submitting , I even changed my common handle ‘bluejoy’ to the once I use now.

It worked !! Voila, I am here my friends. Couldn’t believe my self yesterday when I saw a mail saying ‘Your Team-BHP membership is approved’.

About me :

My name is Harikrishnan a Keralite from Irinjalakuda ( A place in Thrissur district), migrated to Bangalore for my career. I work in iGate Bangalore.

I am 27 , happily married. I had been passionate about cars from quite some time (yeah close to 2 decades).

But that being said I have been more of a rider than a driver, Cars were quite out of the reach of my wallet.

I have been ever present as a guest in the travelogue, Motorbikes, Bangalore Directory, and now in 4X4 Section.

I ride a pulsar 200NS in Bangalore , a RE Classic 350 at home and drive a preworshipped Hyundai GETZ gls 1.3 in Bangalore.

I never thought I would be that much into cars the way I am into bikes.

I am happy now that I am finding that equilibrium , once I dropped my plan for a Ninja 650 and started boiling my head on how to rake enough money to own a Force Ghurka .

As said earlier I am overjoyed to be a part of this heartwarming camaraderie that we petrol heads have an would love to be a contributing partner to the sections here, once I grow enough car Bheja cells for the same.

Sorry for the long intro and over excitement shown (if any).

As Rajini sir said ‘Latea Vanthalum Latesta Varuven..’

---------------------

P:S : Rest in Peace dear Sam (a.k.a Yeti) , you had made a lot of my days brighter than many friends I have .

( Sorry If I am re-opening some healed wounds here).

[FONT=&quot]Thanks [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]---------[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hari[/FONT]
TheHkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 17:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Grail Quest is over, here I am

Hey Harikrishnan thats a very nice intro of yours. Indeed travelogues are one of the best parts of TBHP where you get inspired, educated and recharged seeing other's experiences and sights of all places natural and man made.

That said good luck on all your potential purchases on wheels and you know where you get all the inputs to assist you in this journey.

Welcome and have a great time contributing to TBHP!
Old 24th June 2013, 09:59   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Hey Harikrishnan thats a very nice intro of yours. Indeed travelogues are one of the best parts of TBHP where you get inspired, educated and recharged seeing other's experiences and sights of all places natural and man made.

That said good luck on all your potential purchases on wheels and you know where you get all the inputs to assist you in this journey.

Welcome and have a great time contributing to TBHP!
Thanks Girish for the welcome note & the wishes.
Old 24th June 2013, 14:19   #4
BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP, TheHkrish!
Wish you have a pleasant stay here.

Waiting for a comprehensive ownership log of your rides, the 200NS especially. I too own a Pulsar, a 220.

Hope to see you participating actively in the forum!
Cheers!
Old 4th July 2013, 15:20   #5
BHPian

Thanks "Loud".

From another Pulsar rider .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks