Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 10:55   #1
BHPian

Extremely happy to be a part of this community

So I am just a 21 year old student who gets the same gut level feeling from seeing a super attractive woman as seeing an exotic car. Since childhood I was into cars. I loved my toy cars and used to have them with me when going to sleep. Anything with wheels fascinated me. Of course I did not only play with them like ordinary kids. I wanted to get inside them figure out how they work. So none of them ever survived.
So then I grew up and got hold of the real things. My 1st ride was my dad's CBZ. And now I currently drive the Chevrolet Tavera which I would never ever recommend to anybody. But still I love my car.
I don't have many friends who are as passionate about cars as me so this community provides me the perfect opportunity to interact with people like me.
Currently I would love to own the Innova as opposed to the XUV 500 because I feel it needs work on core things. I would love to own a BMW M series in the future because I feel that it is the most fun car.
now in terms of off-roading, my dream car would be the military spec Marauder which is very close to a far fetched, but hey I can dream can't I?
Old 20th June 2013, 15:19   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Extremely happy to be a part of this community

Enter Sandman

Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman689 View Post
And now I currently drive the Chevrolet Tavera which I would never ever recommend to anybody
Why not? It's a great, durable workhorse built to be abused. Nice ride & handling by UV standards too.

Quote:
Currently I would love to own the Innova as opposed to the XUV 500 because I feel it needs work on core things.
I'd say that Mahindra has the core sorted out (engine, tranny, ride, handling, space, acceptable quality). It's just the electronic gizmos & niggles that need attention.

Great to have you with us.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 07:07   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Enter Sandman

Why not? It's a great, durable workhorse built to be abused. Nice ride & handling by UV standards too.
Yes, I strongly agree that it is a durable workhorse and can handle a lot of abuse. But the biggest let down is that it is under-powered. I would love to tune the engine to squeeze more juice if possible in the future.

I felt that Chevrolet held back on the investments that would have made a better car in fear of losses unlike Toyota and M&M who always know what they are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Enter Sandman
I'd say that Mahindra has the core sorted out (engine, tranny, ride, handling, space, acceptable quality). It's just the electronic gizmos & niggles that need attention.

Great to have you with us.
Okay, I think I'll have another go at the XUV and see how it feels like this time. I really like the off-beat interior. The design was surprisingly good. The leather seats I found to a bit hard and the quality of the interiors could have been better. I have high hopes for M&M. I wish they take care of these little niggles and glitches.
Old 23rd June 2013, 12:06   #4
BHPian

Welcome home Sandy. This person is one cool guy I'm proud to be a friend of. He's a total car nuts like me which has actually bonded us. Man,let me tell you something. You've a total workhorse which is also a no nonsense commuter. Throw anything at it it'll happily gulp it down. GTO supports you what else do I need to tell you yaar. You got your first taste of the meet today. And yes remove the nut from that accelerator. Mileage might go down but you can have a blast even with that mediocre engine. If you love driving you'll drive just about anything from a tractor to a truck. Happy journey mate.

Cheers,
Subhra(Need anymore introduction about me? )
Old 3rd July 2013, 06:35   #5
BHPian

yes thank you This is the kind of place where I feel very home at. My car could have been much better but yes it has pros and I love it the way it is. Meeting other petrolheads who are way above me in the scale was an awesome experience.

And about that limiter, I asked the service guy about it but he didn't seem to have the faintest idea of what I was talking about. I will be picking up my car today and let's see how it turns out.

And who cares about mileage when I am there to have fun?

And Subhro, meeting a guy like you was just what the doctor ordered.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks