Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2013, 00:53   #1

Hello everyone !

Greetings to fellow BHPians.

I am Rajat, 25, hailing from Hoshairpur (Punjab), now in Greenville (US). I have always loved cars and driving to me is natural stress buster. That being said, passion to cars led me to complete my MS in automotive engineering and now I work at Michelin Research as a Tire Performance Engineer. The most exciting part of my job I guess is that I work with a American LeMans team as a Race Tire Engineer apart from my full time job.

As of now, I drive a 2001 VW Jetta which has been serving the daily driving duties since June 2010. A few months into my job and I was ready to do something which I had always dreamed about. I bought a 1995 Mazda MX5 Miata last year in completely stock condition and have been working on it since then to make it safer/better. I now use it for autocross, track days and recently completed hill climb. The idea is to get maximum seat time and still be able to do some modifications over the course of time. Not giving all the details here, I will try to start a build thread to keep a track of my progress.

I am looking forward to being part of this family.
godspd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 15:59   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello everyone !

Welcome to T-BHP, Rajat. Hope you have a pleasant stay here.

Waiting for the ownership reports of your Jetta and restoration thread of your Mazda.

What cars do you have here in Punjab?

Cheers!
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 20:20   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
What cars do you have here in Punjab?
Hyundai Santro, Honda City, Maruti Swift Diesel

I will work on the threads for both the cars, for now I am attaching a pic of my miata at the recent hill climb.
Attached Images

godspd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:58   #4
BHPian

Re: Hello everyone !

Hi rajat you seem to love old cars.Sticking on with a 2001 jetta any reasons?welcome home, have a great time here.
vindrider2626 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 16:58   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
Hi rajat you seem to love old cars.Sticking on with a 2001 jetta any reasons?welcome home, have a great time here.

Well to start with it only cost me 3000$ back in 2010 when I was in college and runs great, secondly I like to work on my cars myself, so after the initial 120,000 mile maintenance all it needs is an oil change now.

My other car is a 1995 Mazda MX5 Miata, which was completely stock when I bought it last year, dedicated track car and always a work in progress in terms of safety/handling/power modifications, thanks to the fact that both the cars are old, cheap, paid off and running perfect as of now.

Attached are pics of both. Thanks for the warm welcome, hope to have a good time here.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello everyone !-jetta.jpg  

Hello everyone !-miata.jpg  

godspd is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks