Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2013, 13:30   #1
BHPian

A Perfect Independence Day Gift!

My membership to Team-BHP came on a day when the nation celebrates its 67th Independence Day. What a Gift! It cannot get better than this.

I am settled in Bangalore working as an Executive in private firm. It is a pleasure to be on the board Team-BHP and happy to see many petrolheads sharing their knowledge and experience here. I love cars and I “live to drive”

The very first motor vehicle I owned was a Lambretta Scooter, later a Bajaj Chetak, Hero Honda Splendour, Maruti 800 and now a Santro Xing & a Wagon R in the respective order.

I do not recall how did I discover Team-BHP but for sure I am addicted to it. I have been visiting this site as a guest user on every day for the last 2-3 years. My love had gone to the extend that I had purchased the Team-BHP sticker set but was so stubborn not to use it until I actually get a membership here. Today I can proudly open the sticker pack! (Now opened!)

Looking forward for a wonderful stay here!

iVento is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 15:14   #2
BHPian

Re: A Perfect Independence Day Gift!

Hi iVento! We both share a common birthday as far as Team-BHP membership is concerned! Welcome on board. I truly admire your grit and determination of not opening the sticker pack till you become a member. I too was determined not lose my grit till I get admitted into this outstanding group of petrolheads. And today I could finally realize my dream. All the very best and look forward to your informative posts in future.
Gokrish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 20:05   #3
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard to another Bangalorean. Since you love traveling look forward for some good travelogues.

Which year did you own a lambretta? My dad used to have a MEB registered lambretta in the 1970's

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 21:11   #4
BHPian

Hi iVento! Welcome to the family.

Apart from being Bangalorean, the other common factor we have is - date of being the part of Team-BHP. Looking forward to meet you, KPS and the other Bangaloreans in the next Team-BHP meet.

Regards
Pahwa
pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 10:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Hi iVento! We both share a common birthday as far as Team-BHP membership is concerned! Welcome on board. I truly admire your grit and determination of not opening the sticker pack till you become a member. I too was determined not lose my grit till I get admitted into this outstanding group of petrolheads. And today I could finally realize my dream. All the very best and look forward to your informative posts in future.
Dear Gokrish,
Thanks for your encouraging words.
Yes, we share the same "birthday" on T-BHP.
I am going to stick those cute stickers on my cars today.
You too have a nice time at T-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Welcome aboard to another Bangalorean. Since you love traveling look forward for some good travelogues.

Which year did you own a lambretta? My dad used to have a MEB registered lambretta in the 1970's

Cheers

KPS
Dear KPS,
Thanks for the greetings.

I used my Lamby for 2 years from 1997. Now I feel very sorry that I've sold it! Actually this Lamby was passed on to me by my elder brother when he upgraded to CD100. I remember we had fun time with it with frequent breakdowns, low mileage etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Hi iVento! Welcome to the family.

Apart from being Bangalorean, the other common factor we have is - date of being the part of Team-BHP. Looking forward to meet you, KPS and the other Bangaloreans in the next Team-BHP meet.

Regards
Pahwa
Dear Pahwa,
Thanks for the message.
Me too looking forward for the next T-BHP meet.
Have a nice stay here.
Old 16th August 2013, 12:10   #6

Mod Note : Post edited. Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post
My membership to Team-BHP came on a day when the nation celebrates its 67th Independence Day. What a Gift! It cannot get better than this.
Same here buddy. This Independence day was a special one, MEMBERSHIP APPROVED:-)
I have been more of a bike tourer with quite a lot of riding across the nation, but any motor enthusiast if not a T-BHP member, its always something incomplete :-) Finally done !!!

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th August 2013 at 12:25.
Padfootmoony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 13:07   #7
BHPian

Welcome aboard ivento, gokrish and padfootmoony.
Belated wishes for independence day.
Thanks for sharing your feelings.

Ivento, please post pics after sporting the stickers
Ddrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 23:30   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post
My love had gone to the extend that I had purchased the Team-BHP sticker set but was so stubborn not to use it until I actually get a membership here. Today I can proudly open the sticker pack! (Now opened!)
...and just a few seconds ago, I was declaring to Amit Pahwa that I am a fool not to have got the stickers and stick them on my vehicle till i got the membership!

This is the evidence of the plurality of thought streams that exist on the Forum which again join into the main stream of Cars Craziness!

Welcome aboard Team-BHP iVento!

- Sai
Vihari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 22:09   #9
BHPian

hello ,
welcome to the super elite community, hope to be hearing from you regularly
regards
sumit
swsumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread