Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2013, 01:10   #1
BHPian

Amazed on becoming a BHPian...

Hello everyone,

I am Guru from Rajapalayam, Tamil Nadu. Its a small town about 80kms travel from Madurai towards Tenkasi.

Yup, many of you guys would have never ever heard of my home town and some of you might have passed by, on your way to Courtallam or Sabarimala Temple.

To enlighten you guys, I am posting a map. Let us see how many of you have traveled through Rajapalayam and remember NH208!

Amazed on becoming a BHPian...-rajapalayam.jpg

I did my masters from IIPM Mumbai (class PGP07-09) and currently own a spinning mill in Rajapalayam since 2010.

I came across Team-BHP in 2010 when I was searching for some reviews on Hyundai i10 which would have been my first car! ( with my money and stuff... u know...) but the purchase was dropped since I was almost bankrupt due to some electricity shortage in Tamil Nadu.

Since May 2013, there are no electricity problems in our area and vitamin M got saved a little bit in the past three months. That's when I thought of owning a car and the time is excellent...

Honda Amaze got launched, I booked it and also got selected in Team-Bhp(psst...after a lot of rejections).

That's how I was totally Amazed on becoming a BHPian by booking a Honda Amaze....

If any of you guys pass through Rajapalayam, don't forget that you have a BHPian friend named amazingGuru67 and please do stop by and message me. Lets meet up.

By the way, 67 (in my user name) is the RTO district number for Virudhunagar District in Tamil Nadu.

Last edited by amazingGuru67 : 18th August 2013 at 01:22.
amazingGuru67 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 01:46   #2
BHPian

re: Amazed on becoming a BHPian...

Welcome aboard Guru.

You have got best of both worlds back to back : Team-BHP membership and Honda Amaze Diesel.

-
SS
SaurabhSaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 07:58   #3
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Hello everyone,

I am Guru from Rajapalayam, Tamil Nadu. Its a small town about 80kms travel from Madurai towards Tenkasi.

Yup, many of you guys would have never ever heard of my home town and some of you might have passed by, on your way to Courtallam or Sabarimala Temple......
Well my friend people have definitely hear about your small town. After all the famous Rajapalayam Dogs come from there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajapalayam_%28dog%29

How actively are people breeding this dog? Do you still get the original breed or these are things of the past?

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 09:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
After all the famous Rajapalayam Dogs come from there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajapalayam_%28dog%29

How actively are people breeding this dog? Do you still get the original breed or these are things of the past?

Cheers

KPS
Great KPS. Yes, we still can get original breed of Rajapalayam dog in here. But we have to be very careful in buying and selecting pups.

And it is highly advised that original Rajapalayam dogs are meant to be grown in farm yards and not a pet because of its ferocity.

Regards,

Guru.
Old 18th August 2013, 12:09   #5
BHPian

Quote:
on your way to Courtallam or Sabarimala Temple.
If any of you guys pass through Rajapalayam, don't forget that you have a BHPian friend named amazingGuru67 and please do stop by and message me. Lets meet up.
Guru, Congratulations for passing the exam and Welcome to the forum.

This year we are planning to go to sabarimala in car - from Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad. (Every year we go by train). So if we pass, we sure will like to accept your invitation and meet you at your town!

Quote:
After all the famous Rajapalayam Dogs come from there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajapalayam_%28dog%29
WOW. KPS, this is surprising news. So nice to hear about a pure breed of our country. This Forum is so much more interesting because of members like you and the information on various aspects you provide. Thank you.

- Sai
Vihari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 12:16   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I did my masters from IIPM Mumbai (class PGP07-09) and currently own a spinning mill in Rajapalayam since 2010.
Welcome, if you own a spinning mill, you might find this interesting: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...tomobiles.html
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 12:49   #7
BHPian

A warm welcome to you from a Madurai guy living in Chennai, and no wonder i know Rajapalayam and have traveled through the place a few times.

I'm sure it is mere co-incidence your membership was approved at the time when you got the Amaze... Isn't ?
Old 18th August 2013, 14:15   #8
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post

WOW. KPS, this is surprising news. So nice to hear about a pure breed of our country......
- Sai
Well we also have another Indian Hound, the Mudhol Hound. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudhol_Hound

As Guru stated these hounds are ferocious and need a lot of open space and it would be a punishment to confine them in the urban space.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 17:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

WOW. KPS, this is surprising news. So nice to hear about a pure breed of our country. This Forum is so much more interesting because of members like you and the information on various aspects you provide. Thank you.

- Sai
Quote:
Well we also have another Indian Hound, the Mudhol Hound. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudhol_Hound

As Guru stated these hounds are ferocious and need a lot of open space and it would be a punishment to confine them in the urban space.

Cheers

KPS
Vihari - its incredible India !!!

Just to add to what KPS has stated above

Indian Breed List
  1. Caravan Hound
  2. Combai
  3. Chippiparai
  4. Rajapalayam
  5. Rampur Hound
  6. Kanni
  7. Mudhol Hound
  8. Indian Mastiff (Bulli)
Of the above - 2, 3, 4 & 6 are from south India - various parts of Tamil Nadu and others are from noth of India. To the best of my knowledge 4, 5 & 7 have been established a pure breeds and acceptable in all KCI shows for the past several years.

Source : http://www.dogsindia.com/indian_breeds.htm

Guru, welcome to TBHP - will try and look you up when in Rajapalayam next.

Hope you don't mind me posting a bit of OT trivia in your thread.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 18th August 2013 at 17:22.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 17:43   #10
BHPian

Hi Amazing Guru!

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to see a member from down south. I had been to Rajapalayam quite a few times while visiting Sankarankovil and Tirunelveli from Madurai due to official reasons. Heard about a few good spinning mills in and around Rajapalayam and since I was in power sector, know about the difficulties faced by various industries including spinning mills. It is good hear that situation has improved now. By the way, Rajapalayam breed is very famous in Tamil Nadu and is sought after among old timers and new generation alike!
Old 18th August 2013, 20:39   #11
BHPian

Hi Guru

Welcome to the family. This indeed is the place to be and I think all the rejections actually makes you value the membership.

Honda Amaze S MT is a great choice. I too had booked the same and later decided to go a segment higher. Will wait for your review.

Hope you have a great time around here!
Old 18th August 2013, 21:00   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Honda Amaze got launched, I booked it and also got selected in Team-Bhp(psst...after a lot of rejections).

That's how I was totally Amazed on becoming a BHPian by booking a Honda Amaze....
(in my user name) is the RTO district number for Virudhunagar District in Tamil Nadu.
Guru, congrats. It certainly is icing on the cake. Enjoy your Amaze. It certainly is a lovely piece of machine to own. And yes...you can now proudly sport the TBHP sticker on that
Sanjubose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 13:09   #13
BHPian

Guru a very warm welcome. I liked your way of introduction with a map and invite to all of us passing through your town. Wishing you an amazing drive throughout,cheers.Hope to catch up some time enroute.
majumon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 01:12   #14
BHPian

Quote:

Guru, Congratulations for passing the exam and Welcome to the forum.

This year we are planning to go to sabarimala in car - from Visakhapatnam and Hyderabad. (Every year we go by train). So if we pass, we sure will like to accept your invitation and meet you at your town.

- Sai
Come on mate... let me show you around Rajapalayam. It's a great place and we have lot of waterfalls in and around Rajapalayam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Welcome, if you own a spinning mill, you might find this interesting: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...tomobiles.html
Sure samurai.... the above link is my target. Thanks for sharing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrive View Post
A warm welcome to you from a Madurai guy living in Chennai, and no wonder i know Rajapalayam and have traveled through the place a few times.

I'm sure it is mere co-incidence your membership was approved at the time when you got the Amaze... Isn't ?
Thanks for your welcome Ddrive. My membership might be a coincidence, but I consider it as a gift from God for purchasing Honda Amaze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post

Vihari - its incredible India !!!

Guru, welcome to TBHP - will try and look you up when in Rajapalayam next.

Hope you don't mind me posting a bit of OT trivia in your thread.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Thanks for your wishes Nairtvm and just to add a little information regarding Indian hounds is that combai and chippiparai is also from Rajapalayam only and they are purely bred for hunting(rabbits...) purposes only.

P.S
I don't mind you posting OT trivia on this post. Go ahead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Hi Amazing Guru!

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to see a member from down south. I had been to Rajapalayam quite a few times while visiting Sankarankovil and Tirunelveli from Madurai due to official reasons. Heard about a few good spinning mills in and around Rajapalayam and since I was in power sector, know about the difficulties faced by various industries including spinning mills. It is good hear that situation has improved now. By the way, Rajapalayam breed is very famous in Tamil Nadu and is sought after among old timers and new generation alike!
Thanks krish... Power situation have improved now because of the wind mills in Tamil Nadu. But I don't think that this will remain the same for the upcoming rainy season.

As winners say, "prepare for the worst and hope for the best to come".

Lets see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Hi Guru

Welcome to the family. This indeed is the place to be and I think all the rejections actually makes you value the membership.

Honda Amaze S MT is a great choice. I too had booked the same and later decided to go a segment higher. Will wait for your review.

Hope you have a great time around here!
Thanks mate... By the way, which car have you chosen to purchase and what made you leave amaze?

Note From T-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT / MULTI-QUOTE (+QUOTE) buttons instead of posting consecutively (back-to-back) on the same thread!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th August 2013 at 01:50. Reason: See note in post :)
Old 20th August 2013, 02:03   #15
Team-BHP Support

Re: Amazed on becoming a BHPian...

Welcome to Team-BHP, amazingGuru67

Before you go any further, I strongly recommend you visit the Announcements. Once you give it a good read, you should get the hang of it!

I'd suggest you start with this.

Have a pleasant stay and don't hesitate to holler if you need to.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed