Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2013, 16:48   #1
SVP

I finally have a voice!

Happiness is a relative term they say.

A few people out there understand the importance of being part of a community that understands who you are. Well, my story, I tell you in verse. A few lines that explain how I feel :

The blinding white light
With words that draw out an explanation
They teach me what I know, yet
In hollow years I grow

They say thy engine is noisy
For me, it is sheer music
A drum beat in sync with my heart

I was but mute
For I wish to speak but
The one who moderates would like to see more passion
I write again and fail again

My fate I accept and write one last time
With hope that is faint and words unspoken
I am content with my lot
And my story ends

But wait, I see a streak of light
Was it an honest mistake?
Do I see the truth or is it one of my myriad dreams!

Approved says he
I reach Cloud number 9, but
my feet are still planted like my ride

Oh! This must be a dream
Is this really true?!

I feel like I have completed my journey
And there’s no place like home.
Home, where I have a voice and where I truly belong

To Quote one of the best poets – Emily Dickinson

Success is counted sweetest
By those who ne'er succeed.
To comprehend a nectar
Requires sorest need.

About me: I’m Shannon, I work at a Product Development org. I head some Strategic communication domain.. Zzzzz
The best part of my job is the drive from home to my work place and back. It’s such a great feeling to drive!

What I like doing: I’m a musician, writer and designer by passion. I also create images to aid my design. I play for two bands – Wishing Well (Vocalist, Delhi) & The Buzz Theory (Drummer ,Bangalore). I love to drive and somehow all of my other hobbies fit into the scene so well.

I’m really really glad to be part of this community and while the smiley count is restricted to two. I’d encourage you to imagine a million smiles placed right here
SVP is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 13:54   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: I finally have a voice!

Wicked intro, welcome aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVP View Post
The best part of my job is the drive from home to my work place and back. It’s such a great feeling to drive!
My earlier office commute entailed a 14 km drive. To beat the traffic, in later years, I used to leave home at 0800. Remember looking forward to the drive more than arriving at work.

Quote:
I play for two bands – Wishing Well (Vocalist, Delhi) & The Buzz Theory (Drummer ,Bangalore).
Nice. Played the acoustic guitar all through my college years. A skill I left behind with regret.

So, we know by now that you love to drive. How about a couple of lines on what you drive. Or better yet, an ownership report?

Drive safe buddy.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 15:24   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard shannon! great to see you here!

@all
we have here a crazy drummer with quite a penchant for words! and as i discovered during the last phone conversation - an itching confusion between the verna (head) vs rapid (heart)...

PS: SVP sounds very familiar..

cheers!
sai
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:20   #4
BHPian

Good read Shannon, Welcome aboard.
Pin the links over here, if you got some videos of your singing & drumming.
Thanks
Ddrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:24   #5
BHPian

Welcome aboard Shannon and the last few intros are quite refreshing to read and looking back at mine, i felt mine was totally plain-jane with none of the liveliness i have associated myself with. Last but not the least, enjoy your stay
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 22:22   #6
BHPian

Quote:
A few people out there understand the importance of being part of a community that understands who you are.
The one who moderates would like to see more passion
I write again and fail again
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Shannon, that says it all. You are privileged for the ^^^welcome you received which is also, in a sense, an achievement!

- Sai
Vihari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:09   #7
BHPian

A nice intro Shannon great to see you here!

Maybe you canput up your car buying query in the portal for comments and suggestions by the Seniors or a poll, I am sure you'll get hands-on information and a detailed list of pros & cons on finalizing your car.

Have a wonderful stay!
nbk.0707 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 14:02   #8
SVP

Firstly! Sorry for being out of touch.It's been a hectic past few days to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

My earlier office commute entailed a 14 km drive. To beat the traffic, in later years, I used to leave home at 0800. Remember looking forward to the drive more than arriving at work.

Nice. Played the acoustic guitar all through my college years. A skill I left behind with regret.

So, we know by now that you love to drive. How about a couple of lines on what you drive. Or better yet, an ownership report?

Drive safe buddy.
Thanks a ton for your kind words GTO! I have read through your posts several times and It's indeed an honour to finally converse with you. We should try playing some music together sometime! It'll be good to get some deep purple action

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Welcome aboard shannon! great to see you here!

@all
we have here a crazy drummer with quite a penchant for words! and as i discovered during the last phone conversation - an itching confusion between the verna (head) vs rapid (heart)...

cheers!
sai
Well sai_ace, the battle raged between the Verna and the Vento for over a month. It wasn't easy but I do believe that I made a good choice. Thanks a lot for your advise, it helped me quite a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrive View Post
Good read Shannon, Welcome aboard.
Pin the links over here, if you got some videos of your singing & drumming.
Thanks
Sure thing! Here's one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Welcome aboard Shannon and the last few intros are quite refreshing to read and looking back at mine, i felt mine was totally plain-jane with none of the liveliness i have associated myself with. Last but not the least, enjoy your stay
Thanks ArchAngel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
Shannon, that says it all. You are privileged for the ^^^welcome you received which is also, in a sense, an achievement!

- Sai
Yes! It's an amazing feeling to be part of the TEAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbk.0707 View Post
A nice intro Shannon great to see you here!

Maybe you canput up your car buying query in the portal for comments and suggestions by the Seniors or a poll, I am sure you'll get hands-on information and a detailed list of pros & cons on finalizing your car.

Have a wonderful stay!
Thanks nbk.0707! I finally picked up the Vento. Your breakdown of various cars in the industry was of huge help to me.

About the cars I drive :

Esteem 2006 | Vxi - Pearl Silver
WagonR 2010 | Lxi - Baker's Chocolate
Vento Diesel | Highline - Pepper Grey

A lot to come, especially waiting to put up the buying/ initial ownership experience of the Vento

Last edited by aah78 : 5th September 2013 at 04:20. Reason: Corrected YouTube link.
SVP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 16:05   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Happiness is a relative term they say.

About me: I’m Shannon, I work at a Product Development org. I head some Strategic communication domain.. Zzzzz

What I like doing: I’m a musician, writer and designer by passion. I also create images to aid my design. I play for two bands – Wishing Well (Vocalist, Delhi) & The Buzz Theory (Drummer ,Bangalore). I love to drive and somehow all of my other hobbies fit into the scene so well.
Welcome to the family SVP (The name did ring some bells in my mind. Not sure if the other SVP is on T-BHP or not). Thanks for the unique introduction

Looking forward to meet you at Bangalore meet and also see you & your band perform live.

And yes, my choice among Verna & Rapid is 'Vento'
pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 16:19   #10
SVP

My reply looks terribly misaligned! It looked half decent in the preview section. I wonder what I did wrong there.

Thanks pahwa! We should surely catch up soon.

Note from Support: The YouTube link had come up wrong with a double http:// (i.e. http://http://youtube...).

Last edited by aah78 : 5th September 2013 at 04:24. Reason: Note from Support.
Old 5th September 2013, 17:56   #11
BHPian

Hi SVP

Welcome to the community of petrol heads. Though your engine failed to start initially, decarbonization has helped start the car, I presume. Don't mix drumming and driving please! Hope to see lot more poems errr..... poetic travelogues soon and welcome on board again.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed