Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:52   #1
BHPian

Hallelujah, finally I am here

Ciao everyone, this is Somitra.

Sitting in the office today morning I receive this email that my membership has been approved and I am ecstatic wondering what to do with this news. There is no one around me with whom I can share this happy moment. That’s ok; I end up carrying a smile on my face for no apparent reason (for others).

My whereabouts, I am currently based out of Bangalore where I ply my trade in IT along with my better half, both of us work as a Business Analyst’s. Previously I’ve worked with the banks on the business side moved over to the IT side around 2 years back as a Business Analyst.

I have moved across the length and breadth of the country (Kanpur, Indore, Jaipur, Raipur, Chennai, Noida, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore) for various reasons. I was born in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh so officially I am a product of the badlands of Uttar Pradesh as people put it.

Coming to the interesting part, I currently drive a Hyundai I20 Diesel, which I fondly call ‘The Roadrunner’; it’s been with me for around 2 years and close to 50,000 Km’s. It’s treated me pretty well till now; let’s see how it goes in the future.

I am no automotive tech expert by any stretch of imagination, but I keep my self fairly informed. I like to keep my vehicle in stock condition. So the only additions so far have been the Vkool sun films, a puncture repair kit, a manual foot air pump, a LED torch and a Victorinox swiss army knife (Handyman).

Apart from automobiles and long distance driving, I love watching football, Italian Serie A & UEFA Champions league to be precise plus the international cups. Used to follow Formula 1 closely until the elder Schumacher retired from Scarlet Ferrari. Playing lawn tennis is also one of my favourite past times.

That’s briefly about me; it’s nice to be an insider now. See you around. Ciao!
somitra1981 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 17:57   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hallelujah, finally I am here

Hello Somitra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitra1981 View Post
Coming to the interesting part, I currently drive a Hyundai I20 Diesel, which I fondly call ‘The Roadrunner’; it’s been with me for around 2 years and close to 50,000 Km’s. It’s treated me pretty well till now; let’s see how it goes in the future.
Neat oil-burner. I'm quite a fan of the i20 diesel. Might not be an outright driver's car, yet it is very practical + nice to live with. Hope to see an ownership report of your ride.

Drive Safe
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2013, 15:27   #3
BHPian

Re: Hallelujah, finally I am here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hello Somitra!

Neat oil-burner. I'm quite a fan of the i20 diesel. Might not be an outright driver's car, yet it is very practical + nice to live with. Hope to see an ownership report of your ride.

Drive Safe
Hello GTO,

Nice to see a response from you on my intro post.

I throughly enjoy all of your new launch reviews(both with or without the membership).

Well i20 was not my first choice to start with, i wanted a rugged long distance tourer, with Scorpio being the first choice.
But then i was supposed to travel for a long term onsite assignment, so i gave up the decision of buying a SUV. It was then that i started looking for a hatch back which my spouse or my parents could use within the city in my absense.

I was completely sold on to the Punto 90 HP, i was ready to live with the poor A.S.S experience as well. But then again with family angle firmly in place, i gave up on it, as i didnt want either my spouse or parents to tackle the lousy FIAT A.S.S in my absense.

It was then i20 came and conquered, there was literally no competition, it just bowled every other option over.

I have never really missed the fun to drive factor with i20, probably because i am a defensive and a sedate driver. Yep i do agree that beyond 120 KMPH there is a complete disconnect with the road, steering is so very light that i have to concentrate real hard.

Ideally i would want to replace i20's handling, cornering & steering characteristics with the Punto's, that i guess would be the best outcome.

Hope to come up with a detailed ownership review soon, thanks
somitra1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks