Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2013, 21:06   #1
BHPian

Just in. Yeah, that's me.

Hi all,

Ok. Before I start, I would like to make a small confession. I filled in the membership form the last Sunday, night time; since then, I have been checking my mail for an approval almost every 15 minutes . I know a majority of working BHPians may consider it normal, but for a 19 yr old, that is even more than the number of times we check our Facebook accounts.

Anyhow, back to the writing business. But then, what shall I write?? Words simply can't express the feeling I experienced when I saw the approval mail in my Inbox. I felt an overflow of emotions rising inside me; a culmination of the immense love and respect that I grew up to have for a forum that has been a part of me for the past 3 years. Before I continue typing out my intro, I would like to thank the founding members of the forum for coming up with such a wonderful platform overflowing with knowledge from all corners. Thanks guys.

Now to the personal 'stuff'. My name is Mohit and by profession, I am a student. I am currently pursuing a B.Tech in Automobile from Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal and am in my pre-final year. I was born and brought up in a beautiful (not anymore, mind you) city called Dehradun, which recently got famous for being the capital of a state brutally ravaged by floods. My love for cars has been there with me since birth; the first ever toy I personally demanded for was a remote-controlled convertible, with blinking lights, folding roof, et al. I remember how much I cried when it broke a month later. I personally love cars for all shapes and sizes, though I have a soft spot for the Germans and the British. American jeeps like the Wrangler excite me too, so do their muscle cars.

To say that I have been avidly following the forum would be an understatement; trust me, my addiction to TBHP is worse than a smoker or a heavy drinker (thankfully, I don't do either). To quote a sentence from my membership form, I have literally eaten, drank (even slept!) in front of the laptop screen; I have been scolded, had my eyesight deteriorated (okay, now it’s become dramatic; but yeah, I have to wear glasses now) but my addiction towards Team-BHP has never waned.

I guess that is all I have to share, for now. Hoping to see you guys (and gals) around.

Cheers

Mohit

(PS: Presently, I own......NOTHING )
mohitk1993 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 21:38   #2
BHPian

Re: Just in. Yeah, that's me.

Welcome to Team-BHP, Mr. Mohith. Thank You very much for sharing your feelings through this introduction thread. Have a wonderful time here and enjoy.
Wildy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 21:54   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitk1993 View Post
My love for cars has been there with me since birth;
I am a student. I am currently pursuing a B.Tech in Automobile
You are most fortunate since you have carried your childhood desire to its logical conclusion by being able to pursue B.Tech in automobiles. Majority of people cannot ever have this privilege.

Quote:
(PS: Presently, I own......NOTHING)
You Own Nothing! Have you ever seen the ad for some 'credit card'? You own the 'spirit' - dreaming and living automobiles - which is priceless - the vehicles are bound to come one day!

Welcome to Team-BHP. Love cars - Live cars - just for people like you.

- Sai
Vihari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 22:27   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Ok. Before I start, I would like to make a small confession. I filled in the membership form the last Sunday, night time; since then, I have been checking my mail for an approval almost every 15 minutes .
Welcome dude, to the family. I know how it feels and I think once you do the write up and then wait for the approval email, you wouldn't care much about anything else and frankly cannot concentrate on anything other than just refreshing your mail box. It s a wonderful feeling. Welcome once again, keep revving and drive safe !
shinuak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 22:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP, Mr. Mohith.
Thanks for the warm welcome, Wildy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
You are most fortunate since you have carried your childhood desire to its logical conclusion by being able to pursue B.Tech in automobiles. Majority of people cannot ever have this privilege.

Welcome to Team-BHP. Love cars - Live cars - just for people like you.

- Sai
Thanks a ton, Sai. To be honest, I raised quite a number of eyebrows when I took the rather bold decision of choosing Automobile over ECE and CSE, especially at a time when the industry seemed to struggle. However, things are looking up now and I sincerely hope my dreams come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
Welcome dude, to the family. I know how it feels and I think once you do the write up and then wait for the approval email, you wouldn't care much about anything else and frankly cannot concentrate on anything other than just refreshing your mail box. It s a wonderful feeling. Welcome once again, keep revving and drive safe !
So true.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, guys.
mohitk1993 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks