Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 20:34   #1
BHPian

The Doctor is IN!

Hello fellow t-bhpians!

I'm so glad to FINALLY get accepted to this forum

I am Ankur Agarwal, a Doctor, (assisting general surgeon) by profession and a massive car enthusiast by passion.

I have been following this forum everyday as a guest viewer of the posts since mid 2011, when I was first introduced to this sacred space whilst searching for TopGear's filming of their India Special episode. This is a truly satisfying stop for all motoring opinions/praise/rants/reviews. I just cant get enough of the ownership reports!

I would like to thank the mods for letting me in. I also would like to say that the members on this forum are like no other people I meet in the daily life. You guys are so cool, polite & un-biased towards other members and I love this quality. Sadly the world we live in is well saturated with judging eyes and jealous hearts. On this forum, its the proper opposite. No matter how expensive a car one owns, he is congratulated by all members. In reality at home, the story is different!

I hope to often share my views on the various threads and soon start one of my own as well. I could do a good one on the long term ownership of our Mercedes Benz 190E petrol which has been in the family over two countries (UK & India) since 1992!

Slightly off topic from introducing myself, I think I've diagnosed a very scarce (if any!) population of female petrolheads on tbhp.com. Correct am I?

see you around!

Ankur
lemedico is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 23:03   #2
BHPian

Re: The Doctor is IN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Sadly the world we live in is well saturated with judging eyes and jealous hearts. On this forum, its the proper opposite.
As a doctor, you have diagnosed the ailment our society is suffering with, perfectly.

That is the reason, we run into this world (a fantasy world and a great escape) called T-BHP, when ever we find time and enjoy here with each others company and again go back to our real world with great reluctance.

Welcome to the great society - Team BHP, doc. Have a nice time on the forum. Well, we will certainly and eagerly wait for your ownership report of the MERC!

- Sai
Vihari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 00:51   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
As a doctor, you have diagnosed the ailment our society is suffering with, perfectly.

That is the reason, we run into this world (a fantasy world and a great escape) called T-BHP, when ever we find time and enjoy here with each others company and again go back to our real world with great reluctance.

Welcome to the great society - Team BHP, doc. Have a nice time on the forum. Well, we will certainly and eagerly wait for your ownership report of the MERC!

- Sai
thank you vihari! one day i will (hopefully) find enough time to write up the report and click photographs of the majestic royal blue benz. time is a scarce commodity in a medico's life especially one in training :(
Old 7th September 2013, 07:46   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the forum lemedico,

Team-Bhp is indeed a great forum for all of us car lovers. You will have a great time here provided you have time .

OT :- Where do you stay in Agra, I visit this city every month.

nIk
Old 7th September 2013, 08:26   #5
BHPian

Welcome aboard, Doc Ankur Agarwal. Hope you enjoy this great forum and looking forward for your more participation as well as your ownership reviews.

A very fortunate of you for living in a historical place such as Agra. I had visited it in 1998 and I still remember that great Taj Mahal and fort. Iam shure, your ownership reviews would have beautiful photos covering all around of Agra.
Wildy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 09:25   #6
BHPian

Welcome doc, to the forum !

IMO we are a set of people who have a passion for anything that drives on 2 wheels or 4 & 4+ wheels, united by the banner T BHP. For example you can see people passionately contributing to threads on bikes , cars and even Volvo buses and trucks. So I believe you got yourselves into the most appropriate forum. Enjoy your time here and happy motoring !
shinuak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 13:52   #7
Team-BHP Support

Hope the city is still the same. Was associated with this city quite some time back. Waterworks to Sikandra via Bhagwan theater was not so jam packed then. (Neither there was a flyover at Bhagwan ). Most of those once fully crowded theaters are gone. Sign of the times? A true blast from the past for me.

Welcome to the forum doc.
Old 7th September 2013, 15:39   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Welcome to the forum lemedico,

Team-Bhp is indeed a great forum for all of us car lovers. You will have a great time here provided you have time .

OT :- Where do you stay in Agra, I visit this city every month.

nIk
cheerio nIk!

I live in kamla nagar. what brings you to agra?
Old 7th September 2013, 15:42   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
Welcome doc, to the forum !

IMO we are a set of people who have a passion for anything that drives on 2 wheels or 4 & 4+ wheels, united by the banner T BHP. For example you can see people passionately contributing to threads on bikes , cars and even Volvo buses and trucks. So I believe you got yourselves into the most appropriate forum. Enjoy your time here and happy motoring !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
Welcome aboard, Doc Ankur Agarwal. Hope you enjoy this great forum and looking forward for your more participation as well as your ownership reviews.

A very fortunate of you for living in a historical place such as Agra. I had visited it in 1998 and I still remember that great Taj Mahal and fort. Iam shure, your ownership reviews would have beautiful photos covering all around of Agra.
thanks shinuak!

1998 is a very long time..i suppose you should come down once more now
Old 7th September 2013, 15:48   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Hope the city is still the same. Was associated with this city quite some time back. Waterworks to Sikandra via Bhagwan theater was not so jam packed then. (Neither there was a flyover at Bhagwan ). Most of those once fully crowded theaters are gone. Sign of the times? A true blast from the past for me.

Welcome to the forum doc.
the city is not the same, it has changed (not really for the good) over the past years. i guess thats how the UP government plays the game.

i giggled a little on reading "not so jam packed"
commuting on bypass road in between these crossings namely waterworks, bhagwan cinema and sikandra is something even james bond/rajnikant/chuck norris would fail to do so now! larsen and toubro boards have been put up alongside the roads indicating that construction of flyovers and 6 lane-ification work has been started. lets hope for the betterment of this town.

ampere i see that you are an established bhpian, would you happen to know if there is a fellow member who lives in agra as well?
Old 14th September 2013, 09:41   #11
BHPian

Hi Doc

My dad met with an accident last 2 months ago and he is getting treated there and have few relative too.

nIk
Closed Thread

Most Viewed