Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2013, 11:58   #1

Iff you smeaaaaaaallllllll - those tyres are cooking...

Hey Everyone ! I now know how it feels to get an acceptance email - read it over a few times - m going to take a print and frame it . Great to be a part of this community finally !

- I am Sunil, from Bangalore. I am a software engineer by profession, an Engineering Manager by Designation.
- I am in my 30s , have been driving for 15+ yrs now, since I was legally old enough to hold a license.
- Previously owned a few different Maruti cars - particularly Zen for a long time. Currently owning a Hyundai i20 Asta the petrol guzzler (10 to 12 kmpl in city) and money burner. @ Rs.80 per litre

My workplace is 40 kms from my home and I manage to come home daily -so that makes a minimum 80+ kms daily. Why do I have a petrol car ? - well some things changed since I bought my car - my office was not so far and my priorities were different. Well by the way, I absolutely adore my car and would never think of selling it, if not for my fuel gauge trying to beat the speedometer.

I am still researching to buy an upgrade for my i20 - definitely a diesel car. While mileage, service network, cost of maintenance are at the top of my list, I am also addicted to the plush interiors, butter smooth handling, silent engine and small niceties of i20 - such as the electrical foldable ORVMs.

Well not to digress, I will post separately for the new car in proper forums. Now that I'm here, finally I hope I will have it all figured out @ Team BHP and drive away happily into the horizon with a new car.

cheers,
Sunil.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th September 2013 at 23:30. Reason: Not more than 2 smiles per post allowed.
kotiansk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 15:55   #2
BHPian

Re: Iff you smeaaaaaaallllllll - those tyres are cooking...

Welcome! Please make it a point to go through the forum rules before you start.

I am looking forward to your thread on search for your diesel car.

Wishing you a safe and happy driving.
Old 8th September 2013, 18:14   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotiansk View Post
Hyundai i20 Asta the petrol guzzler (10 to 12 kmpl in city) and money burner. @ Rs.80 per litre
I am also addicted to the plush interiors, butter smooth handling, silent engine and small niceties of i20 - such as the electrical foldable ORVMs.
Hi Sunil. Welcome to Team-BHP.

This is the pinching truth of Vehicles of Petrol in general and Hyundai in particular. The drive is so comfortable and enjoyable but comes at a COST!

You certainly will lose a bit on comfort, when you upgrade to Diesel when compared to your petrol i20.

- Sai
Old 11th September 2013, 09:43   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotiansk View Post

I am still researching to buy an upgrade for my i20 - definitely a diesel car. While mileage, service network, cost of maintenance are at the top of my list, I am also addicted to the plush interiors, butter smooth handling, silent engine and small niceties of i20 - such as the electrical foldable ORVMs.
Hey kotiansk, welcome onboard, nice to see one more i20 joining the forum.

I too have a i20 Crdi and i agree with your observations. We too are addicted to the positive aspects of the car. The alternatives simply fail to match up with the overall package offered. It easily gives cars from a segment above a run for their money.

But double check your calculations before picking up a oil burner at this juncture, as the oil minister proposes to bump up the price of diesel by Rs 4-5 at one go followed by weekly raises. No one knows if that'll be implemented, but yeah the benefits of running a oil burner vis a vis petrol are reducing by the day.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks