Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2013, 16:52   #1

Finally. Greetings TBHPians,

The only time I felt this way was when my parents bought me my first bike the "TVS Apache". I was so ecstatic that I got my first traffic violation ticket just a few meters ahead of the showroom because I skipped a signal.

Hello everyone, after three rejected registrations in four years, I managed to get the approval today. Indeed its the same feeling again, just hoping I do not get fined today.

My name is Vikram Raghavan, from namma Bangalore. I have been around T BHP forum for about five full years now following most of the travelogue topics, all the off roading topics (especially the OTRs) and all the new car reviews.

About me: I have always been a Petrol Head. As a kid I worked on my father's Bajaj Scooter and made it immovable ( a pleasant term to describe, otherwise I feel my membership might be revoked) . That was Learning Phase.
When I was in my engineering, I was a part of a team by the name Ashwa Racing: We built FSAE (Formula SAE) cars and took part in the German event at Hockenheim ring for two consecutive years. I was in charge of the chassis and the drivetrain design and development for two different models that we designed and built from scratch. I know a huge improvement and the car is still in running condition.
After graduation, I joined a German Auto MNC in Bangalore as a Diesel Engine Development Engineer. I have had my priceless moments here as well. Until now I blewup two engines to pieces and developed a strategy and a system to retrofit Common Rail Technology on existing one cylinder mechanically operated diesel engines. I still get my hands greasy but nowadays my responsibilities require me to sit in front of my laptop and prepare strategy presentations (yawn).

My garage:
Bikes : TVS scooty PEP, Bajaj Avenger 200 (my personal project to rectify all its problems).
Car : 2006 Suzuki Swift Vxi ABS.
Misc : Water Pump and my dog's kennel.

I have my bucket list as long as I am here at Team BHP:
1. Attend all OTR events in and around Karnataka and all Team BHP meets.
2. Buy/rent/borrow/steal a jeep and attend an OTR event.
3. One long Road Trip across the country from Kanyakumari to Leh through Rann of Kutch via Sikkim in my Swift.
Vkrm_Rghvn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 17:48   #2
BHPian

Re: Finally. Greetings TBHPians,

Welcome aboard Vikram Raghavan and it's nice to meet another enthusiastic Bhpian.

Thanks for your nice introduction and good to know your enthusiasms and interests. Looking forward for your more

And great to know you've a Dog kennel. I've two German Shepahrds at home. (One is 9 months Old Male named Rocky and another one is just arrived today which is 24 days Female. We named her as Rosy). So, Now I know whom to contact incase I need any suggestions.

All the Best and Enjoy.
Wildy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 07:16   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
Welcome aboard Vikram Raghavan and it's nice to meet another enthusiastic Bhpian.

Thanks for your nice introduction and good to know your enthusiasms and interests. Looking forward for your more

And great to know you've a Dog kennel. I've two German Shepahrds at home. (One is 9 months Old Male named Rocky and another one is just arrived today which is 24 days Female. We named her as Rosy). So, Now I know whom to contact incase I need any suggestions.

All the Best and Enjoy.
Thanks wildy. Yes but I built it for my dog, but turns out he is more human than dog. Goes to sleep by 9 on my bed, gets up at 6 in the morning and never misses any of those prime time evening shows.
Now that's a lucky dog.
That's awesome, German shepards are tough but sweet when they get to know you. I had a Pom, Timmy . He passed away at the age of 15 on 24-12-2011. RIP. we have a mongrel now, bunty aka bundhar, lazy to the core but still an amazing animal.
Anytime. Even if I am unable to help, I can put you onto other people I know who can help you out.
Tc. Cheers.
Vikram Raghavan
Vkrm_Rghvn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 13:12   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vkrm_Rghvn View Post
After graduation, I joined a German Auto MNC in Bangalore as a Diesel Engine Development Engineer.
Nice to know that Vikram! Welcome.

Quote:
Car : 2006 Suzuki Swift Vxi ABS.
Your employer did not gift you a German car ?
Jokes apart, good to have auto industry guys on board. Do share your experiences on engine design.
Old 13th September 2013, 14:26   #5

Your employer did not gift you a German car ?
Jokes apart, good to have auto industry guys on board. Do share your experiences on engine design.[/quote]

Oh sorry, I am part of a auto components manufacturer. But I do get fabulous discounts on spark plugs (platinum Iridium), car service and power tools. Not to forget free DIY sessions as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed