Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2013, 21:00   #1
BHPian

Hurray..I am in!

Finally!!! I am in . The wait for the most awaited mail confirming my registration to this community was something like waiting for US visa.

I am Nishant from Delhi, a Patent Attorney by profession, for a layman - an Engineer with Law degree, and I help inventors secure patents for their inventions. And since my primary job is making my clients aware of the law, I love to abide by laws, especially the traffic laws. This is what attracts me towards this community as well, the members follow the rules so diligently that even if 1% of the otherwise high on energy Delhi wallahs (no offense meant, I am one too!!) plying on Delhi NCR roads, follow traffic rules so religiously, we would have safer Delhi roads.

My love for cars goes back to the time I was a kid. I had a huge collection of small cars, some of which I preserved till now and are now being used by my son. Even today when i go to a toy shop my heart craves for buying scale models but to avoid expressions like these , i refrain myself. I love driving a lot and me, my wife and my kid love to go for weekend trips to nearby places quite often. Presently I won a FIAT Linea Diesel, which was bought after much deliberation and fighting the conventional question - Why not a Maruti or Hyundai? I have always felt that at times it is good to forgo the conventional ways and go for the unconventional. Buying a FIAT was one such decision, so many people advised me against buying a FIAT, the obvious reason being the fate of premier padmini in India. I was warned that FIAT might go away any time, leaving me in lurch. To some extent these fears came true when my car suffered a failure of engine sub-assembly during one of my trips to Jaipur. I had to fight a lot with FIAT and TATA after-sales in 2012 to get the same replaced under warranty but not before I paid somewhere around Rs. 25-30,000 for some parts that were supposedly not covered under warranty. I would share this story in my ownership thread soon. But thankfully after that (touchwood!!) I have not faced any problem with the car. With FIAT moving out of TATA umbrella, things have improved a lot and I wish they remain the same. This is a very capable car and a total package with great dynamics and is frugal as well. For me, external looks of a car matter a lot and this is best looking ones (as per me) of those in the same class. I can go on and on as I am totally smitten and would rather would share this in my ownership thread.

I came to know about Team-Bhp while researching for my upgrade car over my Alto, almost 5 years old and which had clocked a lakh kilometers then. Yes! a lakh kilometers.

Now as the time for another car change approaches, I am well in time in this community. I plan to buy an SUV now - a Scorp or a Storme and would seek advice of the learned members of this community in a short while to have my doubts cleared.

Looking forward to a delightful time in this community.

Cheers and Regards

Last edited by aah78 : 16th September 2013 at 18:14. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Car-riedAway is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 22:01   #2
BHPian

Congrats on making it Nishanth. Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a great time here. That's is a different combination patents and law. Reminds me of the other recent lawyer's introductory post which had a quote from Mario Puzo.
Old 15th September 2013, 22:19   #3
BHPian

Thanks Abhishek, surely a different combination but thats what i do sometimes, going unconventional
Old 16th September 2013, 01:43   #4
BHPian

Re: Hurray..I am in!

Welcome Abhishek!
Hope to spot you on Delhi roads, where are you in Delhi?
Also be the part of the next Delhi Meet so that you can meet the other members?
Old 16th September 2013, 07:21   #5
BHPian

Re: Hurray..I am in!

Welcome aboard "Car-riedAway". By the way, lawyers are a breed in themselves. Recently read a newspaper article wherein a senior bar council member made a rash driving truck wallah to write "I will abide by traffic rules" hundred times as a punishment measure. Though Team-BHP does not go to such an extent, but all its members are law abiding members. So welcome once again to such a community.
Old 16th September 2013, 12:38   #6
BHPian

@devilwearsprada, thanks for your welcome note, by the way I am Nishant and not Abhishek. I travel from Dwarka to Gurgaon on the treacherous nh8 via toll plaza, hope to see you if you are on the same path

@gokrish thanks for the nice welcome, i am not such law imposing lawyer as I lie in the noman's land between an engineer and a lawyer, am a li'l-legal rather than il-legal
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks