Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2013, 17:37   #1
BHPian

Another Newbie from Bangy to Team-BHP

Hello to all my TBHP mates,

First of all, I would like to convey my heartfelt thanks to our moderator who has approved my membership to this beautiful community called as 'Team-BHP' after five unsuccessful attempts. I have never felt elated and excited all these years till the time I saw those golden words 'Team-BHP Membership Approved' mail in my inbox this morning. It was in the year 2008 when I was googling to get some automobile information and stumbled upon TBHP to get that information and since then, I have been an avid follower of Team-BHP.

SShhhh... Even before I became a member, TBHP helped my uncle in getting a PDI done on his newly purchased car

As my profile name suggests, I am a hard core automobile enthusiast and have been in love with cars (plastic, molded ones) since ages. My date with automobiles started ages back when my dad had owned a grey lamby and I used to stand in the front with my hands reaching the accelerator and revving it seldomly. From Lamby, my dad upgraded to Bajaj Chetak in 1986 and then onto Hero Honda CD 100 SS in 1997 and then finally to a Maruti 800 (which was our first car). We had her in our stable for close to 12 years and finally parted with her in 2009 with a very heavy heart and purchased a Wagon R VXi model.

I bring to Team BHP an interesting aspect of how I learnt my driving. I am sure no one in Team-BHP would have had the privilege to drive a car in the middle of runway. Believe it or not, I am proud to say that my first driving lessons were learnt on the runway with my father as my trainer. I have never been to a driving school and all those nuances of driving were taught by my dad who has loads of driving experience.

Cutting short my trip down memory lane, let me introduce myself as Girish from Bangalore and am one of run of the mill kinda software engineers working in MNC. Currently, I ride a Suzuki GS150R and am out in the market looking for a family car and have test driven the newly launched 'Hyundai Grand i10'. I liked the car overall for its design, space, suspension, interiors and premiumness (for its segment). That’s about me and my love for cars.

Looking forward to TBHP meets and meeting mates in and around Bangy.

Keep Revving...
Cheers!!!!!!
AutoAficionado is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 19:05   #2
BHPian

Re: Another Newbie from Bangy to Team-BHP

Congrats Girish.
Looks like we were in the same boat all this while. Been following TeamBHP for years and was delighted to see the membership approval in my inbox this morning.
Welcome from another Banglorean!
andyonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 19:29   #3
BHPian

@ andyonwheels,

Thank you for welcoming me into this community. Hope we bump into each other in the forum often
Old 19th September 2013, 20:50   #4
BHPian

Welcome from another Newbie :-)
Adi22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 11:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
Welcome from another Newbie :-)
@Adi22,