Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2013, 12:20   #1

Helloo from an R2Ier

Hi Laaddiieeess & Gentlemans!

As the subject suggests, I am one of those Return to India guys. Found this website when I started researching about which car to buy on return to India. Have gone through a lot of threads and finally boiled it down to Dzire diesel.

Started looking and finally bought a used LDI and am still trying to master it as it is the first diesel I am driving.

A little background. I was brought up in B'lore and crazy about vehicles from the beginning. I remember we would sit near the drivers in the buses just to observe how they drive, not for the view out the windscreen. Growing up we didn't have cars as we are from the true 80s middle class strata.
During college would lust after the RX100, finally bought one with my earnings. Our group of friends would only touch 86-89 models and we had all the colors in the group. Went on trips to Saklespur, Ooty and Waynad.
Finally left for the US when bikes were still motorbikes with some sort of exhaust note. Owned an Accord, Miata and Sequoia. Definitely enjoyed the miata, was my first stick in the US. Came back to India and find that all bikes have become scooter-bikes(no offense to all the bike owners) with no exhaust note whatever.
I still want to buy an RX100 but family commitments do not allow it. Though might fall for an RD if the price is right. Looking forward to interacting with like minded folks here.

See you around folks,
driftrookie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 12:34   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Helloo from an R2Ier.

Welcome driftrookie...

Since you used the term R2I, were you part of RRK's R2I club?
Old 25th September 2013, 15:05   #3
BHPian

Re: Helloo from an R2Ier

hi driftrookie, welcome to the group.
R2I is a challenging experience. you now have access to a plethora of resources via this group to help you settle down.

All the best.
arepalli99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 18:29   #4

Re: Helloo from an R2Ier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Welcome driftrookie...

Since you used the term R2I, were you part of RRK's R2I club?
Hi Samurai, unfortunately I was not.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed