Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2013, 14:46   #1
BHPian

At long last - I'm here!

Hello, all you good people!

The confession

I’m PonkerMania, and I’m a proper car nut.

I mean, I have other credentials to my name, like being a Bombay (it’s Bombay, it just is!) resident, having a MBA, working in a Big 4 consultancy firm, and plenty of other things that would qualify me as a sane person, but it’s all secondary to me being a car nut.

That said, I’m an extremely lazy car nut.

Take my relationship with Team-BHP for instance. I first found out about this place from a member’s car bumper sticker, when said member quite comprehensively out-handled and out-accelerated me at Bandra Reclamation, and all I could really see was the sticker on his car’s rear bumper the whole time I was trying to pass him.

I was most intrigued by this Team-BHP thing, and I thought that it was a place where they sold performance parts that made this possible. To my young mind (full of hot air at the time), it just wasn’t possible that someone was a better driver than I was, it had to be performance parts, and I was going to get those parts from this Team-BHP place. Little did I know what Team-BHP actually was, and the role it would play in my life in the years to come.

That was in 2005. I signed up for an account on Team-BHP last week. See what I mean about the extremely lazy part?

I logged on to Team-BHP, and have been visiting this site at least once a day, though always postponing my decision to join (I’ll join after my exams. I’ll join after I get my first job. I’ll join after I get my first car. I’ll join after I get my second car. And so on, the procrastination just never stopped!). I later found out what VTEC really meant, and that’s why I lost (I guess there’s still some hot air left in there…).

Anyway, I’ve finally acted on one of my set milestones, and, with the purchase of my third (and my first pre-owned) car, I’m here, and I’m here to stay. I’m hoping to kick things off with a review of my car, which should be up sometime soon (and hopefully not another 8 years in the making!).

There's also the small matter of introducing you to the fleet, so here goes -

The stars
We're a nice little Honda family now, with one significant exception-
Honda City - Feb 2013 (bought new)
Honda Accord - Aug 2007 (bought pre-owned, in Dec 2012)
Honda Civic - Oct 2007 (bought pre-owned, in Sept 2013)
Fiat Millicento SuperSelect - May 1962 (bought new)

Yesterday's heroes
These are cars that we had in the past (all bought new), but have since been sold -
1986 Maruti Omni
1991 Maruti 800
1996 Daewoo Cielo
1998 Honda City 1.5
2002 Fiat Palio 1.2
2003 Toyota Corolla
2007 Maruti Suzuki Swift
2009 Hyundai Sonata
Ponkermania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 12:49   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: At long last - I'm here!

Welcome Ponkermania! You sure took your own sweet time but, as they say, better late than never! Nice intro.

Hope our pre-worshipped articles were of some help to you? Would love to hear of your used car buying & owning experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponkermania View Post
Fiat Millicento SuperSelect - May 1962 (bought new)
Sweet! Obviously, the car holds immense sentimental value within the family.

See you over on an interesting thread. Keep Revvin'
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 13:02   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard T-BHP, Ponkermania. Really a nice intro and have list of nice hot wheels... Seems to be obsessed with 'H' brand...

Cheers!!!!
Old 30th September 2013, 14:01   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Hope our pre-worshipped articles were of some help to you? Would love to hear of your used car buying & owning experiences.

Sweet! Obviously, the car holds immense sentimental value within the family.
Thanks GTO. Your write-up on lateral upgrading, and the fact that you actually practiced what you preached, gave me the courage to go 'pre-worshipped'. So much so, that I bought the same model of car that you did, only with an automatic gearbox.

I was thinking of doing a long-term review of the Millicento (51 years and many millions of kilometres is one seriously long-term review!), but I'll have to do a lot of preparatory work for that - maybe over the Diwali break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAficionado View Post
Seems to be obsessed with 'H' brand...
Thanks AutoAficionado - gotta love that sweet VTEC music!
Ponkermania is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks