Team-BHP - Introductory post about myself!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Introductory post about myself! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/142840-introductory-post-about-myself.html)

Hi there

First of all, thank you for letting me into this wonderful community.

I'm Ravi, 31 years, working with an IT Services company as Project Manager. I have been living in Singapore for the past 8 years with occassional family visits to my home place, which is Hyderabad. I did my chemical engineering from National Institute of Technology, Karnataka and a summa cum laude.

No introduction is complete without the thought process that went behind joining the community. I came across this incredible community about 3 years back and since then it became a part of my life, just like morning newspaper. This is pure addiction. I'm a non-smoker, non-alchoholic but a Team-BHPianolic, if you know what I mean! I prefer to call us as a "community" rather than a "forum" as referring to "community" brings a sense of togetherness while "forum" is just a group of people discussing, not always in the best interests of each other - just my feeling. This I know because of the quality of answers that one gets when some one is looking for a new car, troubleshooting etc is just amazing. Today, I can easily suggest which car to opt for based on individual requirements, thanks to this community. So, it is quite natural that I become a part of it and contribute my 2 cents. So here I am.

Most the photographs I take of my family are beside a car, quite naturally for me and quite-ah-no-not-again for my family. My wifey sure is a frustrated homo sapien when I take more pictures of cars rather than her on our family vacations. While walking on the road, I always quiz her on "tell me the car brand that just passed us" and questions like those which only make her look for a divorce lawyer every now and then. Believe me, Singapore is a haven when it comes to spotting any car brand that ever existed on this planet.

Any subject that interests me, I tend to do a further study not only on the exterior manifestation of the subject in question (design, in case of cars) but also the interior attributes (engine mechanics, transmission, power/torque correlation, tyre threads etc). I'm in the learning process as of now.

I'm looking for a new car when I return to India soon and I'm leaning towards VW Jetta Diesel 2.0L - of course, you will find a new thread from me reaching out to you all. Looking forward to that.

I currently own a Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 LXi, Nissan Sunny XL. I'm hopeful that I would own few marquee brands by the time I retire - of course if the company I'm working in starts paying in "cashew nuts" instead of "peanuts"!!

There you go, that's it about me for now and on a lighter note, it's great that the moderators did not limit the introduction post to 120 words, otherwise, I would have done a precise writing all over again and once again thanks to the moderators for letting me in!

Happy motoring to all Team-BHPianolics!

Ravi.

Welcome Ravi, nice choice of the handle name. I am sure each and everyone here can identify with it :)

Have fun choosing the new car, lots of options these days but somewhere down in the pistons you will always know what you want :)

Welcome aboard, "Petrolveins" from another Newbie. Yes, Singapore is the place to see maximum brands / makes of cars as well as people. Wishing you all the best in this community.