Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 16:27   #1
BHPian

Introductory post about myself!

Hi there

First of all, thank you for letting me into this wonderful community.

I'm Ravi, 31 years, working with an IT Services company as Project Manager. I have been living in Singapore for the past 8 years with occassional family visits to my home place, which is Hyderabad. I did my chemical engineering from National Institute of Technology, Karnataka and a summa cum laude.

No introduction is complete without the thought process that went behind joining the community. I came across this incredible community about 3 years back and since then it became a part of my life, just like morning newspaper. This is pure addiction. I'm a non-smoker, non-alchoholic but a Team-BHPianolic, if you know what I mean! I prefer to call us as a "community" rather than a "forum" as referring to "community" brings a sense of togetherness while "forum" is just a group of people discussing, not always in the best interests of each other - just my feeling. This I know because of the quality of answers that one gets when some one is looking for a new car, troubleshooting etc is just amazing. Today, I can easily suggest which car to opt for based on individual requirements, thanks to this community. So, it is quite natural that I become a part of it and contribute my 2 cents. So here I am.

Most the photographs I take of my family are beside a car, quite naturally for me and quite-ah-no-not-again for my family. My wifey sure is a frustrated homo sapien when I take more pictures of cars rather than her on our family vacations. While walking on the road, I always quiz her on "tell me the car brand that just passed us" and questions like those which only make her look for a divorce lawyer every now and then. Believe me, Singapore is a haven when it comes to spotting any car brand that ever existed on this planet.

Any subject that interests me, I tend to do a further study not only on the exterior manifestation of the subject in question (design, in case of cars) but also the interior attributes (engine mechanics, transmission, power/torque correlation, tyre threads etc). I'm in the learning process as of now.

I'm looking for a new car when I return to India soon and I'm leaning towards VW Jetta Diesel 2.0L - of course, you will find a new thread from me reaching out to you all. Looking forward to that.

I currently own a Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 LXi, Nissan Sunny XL. I'm hopeful that I would own few marquee brands by the time I retire - of course if the company I'm working in starts paying in "cashew nuts" instead of "peanuts"!!

There you go, that's it about me for now and on a lighter note, it's great that the moderators did not limit the introduction post to 120 words, otherwise, I would have done a precise writing all over again and once again thanks to the moderators for letting me in!

Happy motoring to all Team-BHPianolics!

Ravi.
petrolveins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 18:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Introductory post about myself!

Welcome Ravi, nice choice of the handle name. I am sure each and everyone here can identify with it

Have fun choosing the new car, lots of options these days but somewhere down in the pistons you will always know what you want
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 19:16   #3
BHPian

Re: Introductory post about myself!

Welcome aboard, "Petrolveins" from another Newbie. Yes, Singapore is the place to see maximum brands / makes of cars as well as people. Wishing you all the best in this community.
philgrac is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks