Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2013, 22:51   #1
BHPian

Another Team-BHP'ian from Bangalore

hello bhpians,
my name is Tabrez & I work for the dreaded IT sector while living in a small cant called Bangalore. I've been lurking in silence on tbhp for long now but for some reason never mustered to sign-up - must have been my sheer laziness. When I'm not engaged in the skulduggery of my diurnal work, there is only one place I prefer being - at the wheels of my ride. As someone aptly observed on this forum, "destination is mere excuse, driving is the purpose". As with any middle class Indian family, where a car is treated more like a family member than means of transportation & selling it is consider abominable, I grew-up watching Pa groom his Old Maruti 800 while his trusted Bajaj Chetak awaited it's turn of attention for that elderly love.

I recently entered into marital bliss & the inenvitable is now upon me, it can no longer be procrastinated - buying of a new car. It is during such critical stint that one tends to realize & savour the sea of knowledge available on tbhp, the veracity of which is absolutely impeccable. I did really like to thank all those contributors who painstakingly document their experiences with various brands, models & dealership for the welfare of the greater community. It was those detailed logs which greatly helped me arrive at the right decision else I did be perplexed in a market infested by shady dealers waiting to take you for a ride. Also a big thanks to the moderators for taking me in - I got through in my second attempt.

One last misconception that I did like to dismiss - the internet is strewn with reports on how brutal the tbhp moderators are when it comes to accepting new registration. My answer to that & suggestion to any prospective tbhpian would be simple - keep it concise & be truthful. Try to articulate how this forum is useful & any manner through which you could contribute to it's knowledge base, irrespective of its magnitude. It might take you a while to express yourself in a language which strikes the right chord with the moderators but you'll get there.

I would now close this rather hurriedly written introduction with a sense of elation of being part of this community. I'm truly honored to be here & hope to learn few things with respect to our beloved cars.

Happy revving.

--
Tabrez
tabrez is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 01:55   #2
BHPian

Re: Another Team-BHP'ian from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post
hello bhpians,
It might take you a while to express yourself in a language which strikes the right chord with the moderators but you'll get there.

I would now close this rather hurriedly written introduction with a sense of elation of being part of this community. I'm truly honored to be here & hope to learn few things with respect to our beloved cars.

Happy revving.

--
Tabrez
A very well articulated introduction post Tabrez. As you may have already seen the sea of information on Team-BHP and it is imperative for one to maintain such quality of information.

Would recommend to dwell some of your time at the Rules section and have a great stint with your membership.

Cheers !
Otomobil
Old 18th October 2013, 07:37   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otomobil View Post
As you may have already seen the sea of information on Team-BHP and it is imperative for one to maintain such quality of information.
Absolutely Oto, couldn't have agreed more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otomobil View Post
Would recommend to dwell some of your time at the Rules section and have a great stint with your membership.

Cheers !
Otomobil
Sure, I had read those ahead of attempting my registration.
Old 18th October 2013, 09:44   #4
BHPian

Quote:
hello bhpians,
my name is Tabrez & I work for the dreaded IT sector while living in a small cant called Bangalore. ...
Did you sit with a dictionary while writing this introductory post or are you a english literature graduate as well? Just kidding

Were you working (or still are) with IBM by any chance?
Old 18th October 2013, 10:00   #5
BHPian

Welcome to the community! Being yourself always helps, whether it is to get a TBHP membership or for anything worthwhile

Drive safe!
BackInTheFold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 11:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
Did you sit with a dictionary while writing this introductory post
No, not the dictionary - that exercise is left to you Just kidding

Quote:
or are you a english literature graduate as well?
Nope, I belong to the most common breed you did find here in Bangalore - Engineers

Quote:
Were you working (or still are) with IBM by any chance?
Never been with IBM, though my wife is
tabrez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 18:39   #7
BHPian

Quote:
I recently entered into marital bliss & the inenvitable is now upon me, it can no longer be procrastinated - buying of a new car.
It was those detailed logs which greatly helped me arrive at the right decision
Tabrez, after going through the post, I assumed that you have bought a car. Have you? If so you have not mentioned your final decision and which car you have bought. Left us with a little suspense.

Anyways, welcome to the great Forum. Enjoy posting (since we have already been enjoying going through the posts).

- Sai
Old 19th October 2013, 18:03   #8
BHPian

hello Vihari,
thanks for the warm welcome - it's simply this wholeheartedness which forms the core of this forum, a peremptory ingredient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
If so you have not mentioned your final decision and which car you have bought
And sorry for leaving you all in lurch with my introduction. The decision was a tough one, took a heavy toll on my heart
Torn between mind & heart - heart yelled at Linea T-Jet, Mind revolted. I finally arrived at a truce with Grande Punto Sports (93PS, 1.3MJD)

I will be going back to the dealership next saturday for making a second installment - may have to wear wife's veil to keep T-Jet out-of-sight else might give in to temptation since we're all humans
Old 21st October 2013, 20:33   #9
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome on board Tabrez and glad to have another BHPian from Bangalore. Glad to see the quality of your posts and I sure you will add value to this forum.

All the very best.

KPS
Old 22nd October 2013, 06:32   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Welcome on board Tabrez and glad to have another BHPian from Bangalore.
Thanks KPS. I'm equally glad to be here on this coveted forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
I sure you will add value to this forum.
I hope too, KPS - wish I wade my way through all you titans
Closed Thread

Most Viewed