Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2013, 19:01   #1

Hi from Bangalore!

Hello all, I am Sandeep Ravi. Currently pursuing my undergraduate degree in Business Management. I have a thing for cars and electronic gadgets. I currently own a 2005 Hyundai Getz.
Old 18th October 2013, 22:27   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hi from Bangalore!

Hello & welcome

Would love to know more about you, your cars & gadgets so more intro please !

Do go through the rules - see you around the forum !
Old 20th October 2013, 11:33   #3

Hello all!
It all started on 4th January 2006. A new Charming Grey Getz 1.3 GLS Petrol came into my house. It was primarily my dad's car he being an eye surgeon needed a small vehicle for his daily commute. Being a middle school student I really did not know what was involved in the process of buying a vehicle so I just waited for the entire process to be over and went with my dad for the delivery. I was very happy. We owned a Santro prior to this, yes, the upgrade wasn't a major one. Just from small segment car to a mid-segment hatchback. Since the car doesn't come with a factory fitted ICE, we waited for sometime and sourced Sony Head-unit with Aux in with Pioneer speakers all the way from Muscat through one of my dad's friend. This was a luxury at that point of time. Since I was underage and I wasn't allowed to drive so from 2006 to mid-2009 I just used sit in the car and play some loud music and act as if I was driving in my driveway. I just loved doing this. In the latter half of 2009 when I reached 10th Grade, I asked my dad if he could let me reverse the vehicle back into the garage and surprisingly he agreed. So, yes, this was the first time I got under the wheels for a small stint. God willing everything went well and I safely parked the vehicle into the garage and from then on I think my dad got some confidence in me that I could drive little bit. So from the next day onward's I used to just drive back and forth in the driveway and learn to park the car in the garage. This was luxury for me as I wasn't allowed to go to the roads.
In September 2009, we started scouting for a new MUV, Our primary preference was the Toyota Innova. Since the Mahindra Xylo had released around the same time, we had a look at that but it didn't appeal my dad too much so we decided against it and went for the Innova. When we bought this car, I was with my dad for the entire process that is right from obtaining the loan application from the till the delivery of the vehicle on 30th September 2009 I was with my dad. So, at this point of time I became more familiar with the process that is involved in buying a car. After buying the vehicle, we wanted to modify the car so we drove all the way to Coimbatore. Now, we fit new alloys(HRS Hi-join Racing Series), A new Pioneer HU and the speakers came factory fitted, Body graphics and wooden paneling on the dashboard and changed the headlights to Philips Rally.
Till December 2011, it was the same scenario of me driving in the driveway. From January 2012 to March 2012 I wasn't allowed to touch the vehicle because I had my board exams coming up and was preparing for the same.
I turned 18 on the 12th of March and I had boards going on till 21st March, so yes, nothing other than studying till then. So I waited for my exams to get over. And on 22nd March I went to the RTO with the necessary documents and applied for my Learners License and got it the next day. I was a happy man now! I was legally allowed to drive on the roads of Bangalore. So now my dad used to sit by my side teach me how exactly I was supposed to drive.
At the end of thirty days after obtaining my LL I was ready to give my test for my Drivers License. All went well. Driving License granted! Waited for a month to get it and it was worth the wait. I could drive peacefully for the next 20 years(validity of a License is 20 years). Now I drive occasionally to college and in and around Bangalore.
Right now I am a year away from finishing my Business Management degree. So I have asked my dad to give me the Getz and I want to modify it by fitting new alloys, new music system and also performance wise. For that I look forward to some tips from my fellow BHP-ians.
Right now this is the story of my life! Looking forward to hearing from you all!
sandeepravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 10:49   #4
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome on board Sandeepravi.

Our family too had a 2004-05 Getz. It was the manufactured in S Korea as it was of the first lot. What a beauty she was and really smooth to drive.

The Bangalore BHPians have set high standards in quality and contribution and I do hope that you will make every effort to be on the top of your game, as contributor to this wonderful forum

Cheers

KPS
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks