Team-BHP - great forum, great people and great cars...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   great forum, great people and great cars... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/14349-great-forum-great-people-great-cars.html)

Hi guys, been a regular reader of this forum for quite some time, I don't even remember how I first heard about this forum anymore. Come in when ever I feel bored/lonely/down. A little bit of time on the forum never fails to brighten up things considerably. Thank you GTO, and all the good folks here who keep this forum going, and most importantly the topics clean and relevant.

About me - Software Engineer from Bangalore, and although I don't feel anything like it, been around for all of 34 years.

Always been crazy about cars. Or maybe that is not the right way to put it. It is probably better to say I am crazy about driving. Never had the guts/time/money to race cars, so the best "races" I have is when I am playing Colin McRae 2005 or Need for Speed.

Currently have an Elantra CRDI. Mildly modified, including a Petes box, K&Ns,205/60/R15 Michelins and a good music system (Kenwood 7037/Amps/etc). The car is slightly more than a year old, done 40,000Kms. Mostly shuttling between Bangalore and Kerala (that is where I am from).

Previous cars were an Accent GLS, and before that, one of the older Santros (maybe DX?). Yeah, all of them Hyundais. And how did I end up with all Hyundais? When I decided to upgrade the Santro, the choice was between the Icon 1.6 and the Accent. The Accent won because it had the softly sprung suspension to eat up the worst the highways had to throw up, and then I was pretty friendly with some folks at Advaith Hyundai. Yes, I had to be really careful throwing the car around at higher speeds...

But when I wanted to move up from the Accent, I was absolutely certain that I was going to buy the Skoda RS. A visit to Tafe Access here, and I was not too certain anymore. Absolute idiots manning the front office there. Otherwise why would they not talk "properly" to somebody trying to buy an RS? Or maybe it was the torn t-shirt I was wearing? Anyway, I had driven the Elantra extensively before, and the thought of getting a diesel burner became too tempting (as I mentioned earlier, I do 40K+ every year). And then it had all the goodies, Airbags/EBD/TCS/ABS, and I liked the interiors of the Elantra better. And contrary to many reports I have read, the TCS works just fine for me, especially every time I dump the clutch. :-)

So, that is the past me. Next "dream" car? A 220CDI is really tempting, but then the silly service costs are an absolute put off. Thinking of getting a second hand Rider 1.8 Turbo and giving the car over to the guys at Petes...

PS:- This has been a really boring Sunday, and that explains the long "story". Apologies if I bored you guys.

Hi ther, welcome to Tbhp :)

Nice to have a software guy who has an Elantra with some serious hardware including some nice ICE. Do post your comments abt K&N and Pete's in respective threads as it would be helpful to many.

Welcome to TBHP..
For a change, no need to say go through the announcement section before posting further

Quote:

Originally Posted by tadukuttan
But when I wanted to move up from the Accent, I was absolutely certain that I was going to buy the Skoda RS. A visit to Tafe Access here, and I was not too certain anymore. Absolute idiots manning the front office there. Otherwise why would they not talk "properly" to somebody trying to buy an RS?

Thinking of getting a second hand Rider 1.8 Turbo and giving the car over to the guys at Petes...
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]PS:- This has been a really boring Sunday, and that explains the long "story". Apologies if I bored you guys.[/COLOR]

]

Welcome!

Ditto, I saw an ad about special deals on petrol cars! I decided to walk in one day and the receptionist told me no discounts at all.

If you notice, the black RS combi has been sitting there since October - do these guys know about inventory cots ?

BTW - Is your ELantra the tone tone black one with greyish flanks, and a Petes sign on the rear window?

There are too many people from Kerala in Bangalore, and too many of those here on the Forum. :mad:

One more wont hurt, though :p

Welcome to TBHP.

Thanks Guys...

jkdas, will post in the relevant threads soon. But some quick comments about K&N, actually I have removed it from the car now. Ran into some trouble(power loss) from the engine, still not sure whether it was the filter letting in dirt/water, or most probably, bad fuel. It is back to normal now, will try using the filter again and post results(in the right thread of course).

Unlike that experience, the Petes box has been absolutly great, and especially considering all the highway driving I do, it is god send. Will post more on this, again in the right thread...

And ajmat, I have a Euro Gold Elantra, and I have the "Petes Tuned" sign on the boot...

And Steeroid, ever heard about a Mallu actually troubling somebody? ;-)

a bit off topic; there a thingy to protect teh K&N from taking water during monsoon. ( forgot its tech name :D). Oh, its a conical?

Welcome Aboard and enjoy Your Stay.
Welcome To Team-Bhp.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

Hi tadukuttan,

Excellent intro!
Great to have you onboard!

cya around,
R