Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2013, 01:29   #1
BHPian

A newbie from London / Hyderabad

Hello Everyone

It's a great feeling to be a part of the T-BHP fraternity , have always been a silent lurker ever since I came across the forum while researching a automotive query few years ago and decided to join.

I'm a 33 yr old HR professional working for a sports related organisation living in London for the past 12 yrs but a true hyderabadi in the real sense , have a lazy chalta hai attitude and a big foodie but tying to eat healthy now a days , a huge fan of bikes since my college days when I received a Splendour as a gift for my 18th birthday , over the years a combination of living in London and coming back on vacations to scary Hyderabadi traffic shifted me into cars and have stuck to them as I feel much safer especially whilst in Hyd, I'm not a very technical guy and hardly know much about engines and other related under the hood stuff , however I do know a good car when I drive one and more importantly know how to spot a guy who is bluffing me at a garage ( being in Employee relations and recruitment has made me good at this )

I'm a sports and football fanatic and do watch a lot of EPL in my spare time which is usually every weekend and one can often spot me at Stamford Bridge mostly when my beloved team Chelsea are playing at home , also being a keen tennis fan I manage to get to Wimbledon and ATP tours around Europe as and when I can get away

Our first car was a M800 which my dad bought in 1994 and I learnt my driving in that car , gifted my dad an sx4 zxi in 2008 and an i10 to my mom early this year which are our rides currently , the nature of role entails me a company car which gets changed after every 20k miles which translates to a change every year , my first car here in London was a VW Golf GTI 2.0 followed by Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 Tdci , Seat Exeo at which point my boss realised how uncomfortable I was with Hatchbacks and Executive cars because of my size and authorised an SUV for me, thus came in Mitsubishi Shogun which was an incredible gas guzzler followed by my current ride a lovely Hyundai Santa Fe 4wd Auto which I have become so used to that I plan to purchase it for my personal use when my company decides to replace it.

Off late have been travelling to Hyd very frequently ( 2 trips already this yr and 1 upcoming in Dec ) as I plan to relocate to India to live closer to my parents , planning to replace my sx4 and caught up between Verna sx o and Vento Highline so all advice from esteemed members would be of great help.

A big thank you to T-BHP mods for accepting me into this wonderful fraternity, and hope to catch up with fellow bhpian's in the near future.

Regards
Vickzkool
vickzkool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2013, 22:00   #2
BHPian

Re: A newbie from London / Hyderabad

Hello vickzcool, welcome to t-bhp buddy.
About your replacement for your sx4, If I was in your position, I would have gone for the Vento highline. I'd prefer the driving pleasure which the Vento offers and also European cars are on the top of my list. But if you go for it then you'd have to sacrifice the good after sales service offered by Hyundai and not offered by VW.
Have a nice stay here.
Cheers
CF911
Car_Freak_911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 05:18   #3
BHPian

Re: A newbie from London / Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Freak_911 View Post
Hello vickzcool, welcome to t-bhp buddy.
About your replacement for your sx4, If I was in your position, I would have gone for the Vento highline. I'd prefer the driving pleasure which the Vento offers and also European cars are on the top of my list. But if you go for it then you'd have to sacrifice the good after sales service offered by Hyundai and not offered by VW.
Have a nice stay here.
Cheers
CF911
Thank You Car_Freak, Well Vento is definitely an option as well as after service sales as I wont be around in Hyd so I don't want my dad to suffer , ultimately the TD will be the deal Clincher for me
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks