Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2013, 15:20   #1

I'm in good company!!!

HI ALL!

FINALLY, I’m here! Few years ago, I stumbled into you guys while researching for my new car. Over the years I started coming back for more- sometimes for information and more often for fun. I don’t know exactly when the addiction started but now I am permanently hooked on to this site. I would take this opportunity to thank the Mods for letting me into the Tbhp family.

I’m Sanmeet. I design LCD TV Electronics for a living working with Onida, Mumbai. I’m immensely passionate about three things in life – The first is hitting the road and driving/riding to far-away places. When the kids were not there, I would make hundreds of miles trips on my bike with my wife riding the pillion. Now with the l’il 2 kids, the car is the only practical choice for the family trips. The second is music – my love affair with the guitar dates back to my college days. And the third - I’m a big time foodie which would have been obvious if you were looking at me and I need not have mentioned it, you would have just guessed. This all is, of course, not counting my wife!

My first car (during college days in Patiala, Punjab) was the Maruti 800 which is still remembered by its regn. no (8888) between me and my friends. I have good memories of driving it to various places in most of north India and Rajasthan. I briefly used Hyundai Accent Viva CRDI. And now I currently own a SX4 ZXi since 2008.

My folks never bought me a bike in college fearing it is not safe. I still managed to fracture my left arm on a RX-135 borrowed from my friend in college is another story. I used to temporarily exchange my 800 with bikes of friends. When I graduated and got a job, I bought a Pulsar 150. This was officially my first bike. I use it still but it has now started showing signs of age. It can no longer be trusted for long trips. I have booked the DUKE 390 earlier this week and am waiting anxiously to be born again.

Good to be here…

Cheers
Sanmeet
sanmeet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 16:30   #2
BHPian

Re: I'm in good company!!!

Very interesting introduction sanmeet. Maybe this is a coincidence that even I'm a college student now and drive a M800 with an almost similar kind of regn. no. 8899
Even I'm dreaming about buying a Duke390 as soon as I graduate.
Congrats on the booking and will be waiting for your reviews about it.
Keep revvin!
CarFreak911
Old 7th November 2013, 17:22   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Hello sanmeet!
Welcome to the forum
Even i dream of buying a Duke390 after i start earning.
Hope to see many travelogues and an ownership review of your SX4
Cheers!
Asit
Old 8th November 2013, 14:06   #4

Thanks dears for the welcome.
Cheers!
Sanmeet
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks