Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2013, 02:23   #1

Made it to Team BHP...Finally

Hi Team,
I can't express how glad I am to be part of this well-worshiped platform. I consider myself a big auto-enthusiast, but that goes only as far as loving to drive and yearning to own my own set of wheels, hence I'm here to gain some expertise and exploit the same to my benefit . In the past, I've owned an MS Esteem VXi followed by a Chevy Beat LT, but couldn't retain either for more than a year each. The former was an LPG fitted pre-owned (I guess that explains a lot), let alone the fact that it was around a decade old. Owing to enough circumstantial compulsion, I switched to a Chevy Beat, primarily because of the looks and ended up falling in love with it. But as fate would have it, I had to relocate to Singapore and decided upon giving up my ride before migrating after beat-ing for a year. Now I'm back to my home, which is Mumbai by the way, and am stuck in a trance of car hunting.

Moving to my story now, I'm a victim (not sure if that's the right word) of IT and spend most of my day staring at a computer. My daily commute to work is around 90 kms ranging from New Bombay to Malad. Hence, as anyone would guess, my only fuel option is CNG and that would imply that I can't settle for anything other than a sedan. The other sad part of my tale is that I have to do this under a stipulated budget. Being an ardent fan of team bhp, I've been browsing a lot (a part of my 'staring at the screen' time of the day) and found several interesting posts which got me motivated. Especially the one where Frank Mehta has detailed his epic 'Honda Civic converted to CNG' experience, kudos to that. So my approach would definitely have to be of buying a used sedan and fitting it with a CNG setup.

I'm heavily relying on this post to make my decisions and hope to share the developments on this forum, as they occur to me. I'm more than confident that I'd get the best of guidance here, and would like to thank each one of you even as I sit hopefully refreshing my screen for updates.

Venky
reachvenky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 09:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hello venky, Welcome the family So like a true bhpian you too are following the trend of picking up used cars. Good to hear that. I have been following the same for all the cars we had at home.
Have fun on the forum.

Asit
Old 9th November 2013, 12:35   #3

Thanks Asit. Too anxious to get my car drean sorted at the moment.
Old 12th November 2013, 09:29   #4

Hi team, I have so far come across some decent deals in honda city zx and a couple of civics too but those are from around 2006-7. Could you please advise if its an option I can take and which car woukd be a better option.
Old 12th November 2013, 09:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachvenky View Post
Hi team, I have so far come across some decent deals in honda city zx and a couple of civics too but those are from around 2006-7. Could you please advise if its an option I can take and which car woukd be a better option.
Hello, Post your query here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hread-565.html Or in the what car section. You will get the appropriate response.
Asit

Last edited by asit.kulkarni93 : 12th November 2013 at 09:57.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks