Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2013, 15:00   #1

:: Hello everyone ::

Hello Team-BHPians,

I am very much honoured to be a part of this community. I take this opportunity to first thank the moderators. Thank you mods.

I am C.G.Balaji from Chennai. I am 28 years old and am working as an Assistant Professor of CSE in SASTRA University in Kumbakonam. Yes!! I am basically from Chennai (I have a home in Chennai and my parents live there), but I live in Kumbakonam for my bread.

I always wanted to be a BHPian right from the days I first visited the site 5 years back. I landed here on clicking a google result when searching for bike related query. I kept reading the article and was glued to Team-BHP. In the next one or two weeks, the first thing I did as soon as opening my laptop is to open the browser and visit Team-BHP. Actually I had this website as my start page. I always admired the knowledge base of all BHPians, the healthy discussions and all sort of other things happening here.

Bikes and Cars always fascinated me. In the year 2000, I got to drive my father's TVS Champ. It is a 50cc moped but I used to drive it like one of the Harleys. Everyday starts and ends with it. After 5 years of driving it, it was time to get a geared bike. I was not happy to leave the Champ unused so I gave it to our vegetable-wala who used it for his daily business. I then got a Bajaj Discover 125 in 2006. Migrating from a 50cc moped to a 125cc MCWG was really fascinating. I have already driven my friends' Hero Honda Splendor,Kawasaki Bajaj Calibre,TVS Victor, my uncle's HH CD100SS and many other bikes. But driving my Discover 125 was a different feeling. I have done almost 45K Km (at last got back pain) on it and later gave it to my brother who did 5K Km and later we gave it to our cousin who is still using it. Till date, the vehicle is solid as a rock and is giving a decent mileage. Meanwhile, I purchased a Bajaj Avenger 220 DTSi in 2010. It is my black beauty (will post pictures in 'My Garage' later on) and I love driving it. I have done many long drives (used to come from Tanjore to Chennai during my vacations) and its just awesome.

Coming to cars, I always wished to have a car for my family. As ours is a micro family (as it is called now-a-days) and everyone is based in Chennai(except me), we didn't find it a crave requirement to own one. But I convinced my parents and my younger brother and got a Hyundai i20 1.4 Sportz CRDi (coral white) in March 2012. I have christened it 'Pegasus' (tried to have my username as 'Pegasus' but user already exist). Its with the help of T-BHP, I chose my ride. I have been to most of the threads in this forum searching for information on cars. Finally after many reviews, I purchased my Pegasus. Things have been very different after that. He (I usually address my Pegasus with a "He") not a face-lifted one. The sales representatives are very brilliant in not disclosing the arrival of the face-lifted i20 and managed to sell me the 2011-12 model. But I didn't regret getting my Pegasus. He is very powerful and He rules the road. So far I have done 40,000 Km with him without any hassle.

Apart from cars and bikes, I have interest in teaching (I dont like getting advice, so I advise). I have completed my postgraduate degree in Network Engineering and am now teaching networks and other computing subjects for the last 5 years. Life is good and I hope it will be better after my association with Team-BHP. I was very happy to receive a mail on 20/11/2013 informing my registration approval. I spent these two days going through the FAQs, Know your Mods and other sections before introducing myself here. Forgot to mention, I have already ordered for T-BHP stickers and got delivered a week back. Just waiting to decorate my ride with it. So BHPians, if you see my ride with the stickers on, have no doubts, there is a BHPian inside.

Thanks for patiently reading through my intro.

cgbalaji

Last edited by khan_sultan : 22nd November 2013 at 15:26. Reason: fixed font tags
cgbalaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 22:31   #2
BHPian

Re: :: Hello everyone ::

Hey cgbalaji,
I had read this thread a few days back and guess what, after I read that you got to ride your dad's TVS champ suddenly I became very interested in mopeds the next day.
I didn't know how I got that interest all of a sudden but then I came to know that this thread was the culprit.
Welcome to t-bhp sir and have a wonderful stay here. Would be glad to read an ownership thread about your rides.

Cheers
Carfreak911

Last edited by Car_Freak_911 : 28th November 2013 at 22:33.
Car_Freak_911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 22:24   #3
BHPian

Hi cgbalagi. welcome to teambhp
As you mentioned about TVS Champ it was the first vehicle i desired in those days (must be 1988). They used to display a red TVS Champ in the advertisements and i wanted one so badly but alas my dad refused to buy one for me (he is dead against two wheelers).

Last edited by dockap : 29th November 2013 at 22:26.
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 08:42   #4

Mods, I am trying a multiquote fir the first time. Do rectify any mistake and post if appropriate.

Thank you dockap and Car_Freak_911.
Quote:
TVS Champ it was the first vehicle i desired in those days
Its true dockap sir. Those are good days when things are very simple and life is easy. Less traffic on the road and very less damage to the purse(I have filled petrol for ₹20/l). Though I got to drive it from 2000, my father owns ot from 1990 or even before.

Quote:
Welcome to t-bhp sir and have a wonderful stay here. Would be glad to read an ownership thread about your rides.
I wish to write one. Waiting for the time. My i20 has done 40,000 km and last week he refused to start. I later found the ecm faulty. He just came back from service. Will write everything about it in the appropriate thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks