Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2013, 18:22   #1

Howdy Team BHP

I am Deepu Philip, faculty member at IIT Kanpur. I came to know about this form through sgiitk, distinguished team bhpian, and my colleague. I have been following the travelling section for some time, and after seeing the quality of discussions that happens, I decided to join the forum.

I own a Honda Civic SMT and Honda Jazz SMT - yes, very loyal Honda fan. Planning to upgrade to Honda CRV soon. In addition, in two wheeled and pedalled version, I own a Schwinn and a Cannondale. My hobbies include travel, cooking, biking, skiing, and of course doing nerd stuff.

Quite happy to be part of the form. My Honda Jazz is taking a long road trip from Kanpur to Bangalore via Nagpur and Hyderabad and then from Bangalore to Ernakulam. Being a cross country driver in US, I believe that the best way to see any country is by driving.

Thanks again for the warm welcome in advance.
dphilip.iitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 20:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Howdy Team BHP

Welcome to the forum

I too share your love of roadtrips and cycling and own a Merida myself

I'm sure we'd all like to here some reports of your cars especially the Jazz and hopefully the CR-V soon?

Cheers!
Old 1st December 2013, 12:54   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Welcome to the forum

I too share your love of roadtrips and cycling and own a Merida myself

I'm sure we'd all like to here some reports of your cars especially the Jazz and hopefully the CR-V soon?

Cheers!
Nice meeting you IshaanIan. Merida - road/mountain? Nice choice of Bike. Mine both are mountain versions - with bontagers. Even though UP is supposed to be plains, the pot holes are so deep that you need a mountain bike.

Jazz is a relatively new - Feb 2013. Civic is little older Oct 2009. Civic has travelled to Jaipur, Gwalior, Agra, Allahabad, Delhi, Banaras, etc. Jazz only to Agra so far. After the Kerala trip, I am hoping the inferiority complex of Jazz will be reduced. I will put up ownership reports soon.
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:13   #4
Team-BHP Support

Nice to see one from academia. Nothing like a green campus for one's day long work and ignited minds for company. Welcome.
Old 6th December 2013, 14:42   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dphilip.iitk View Post
I am Deepu Philip, faculty member at IIT Kanpur. I came to know about this form through sgiitk, distinguished team bhpian, and my colleague. I have been following the travelling section for some time, and after seeing the quality of discussions that happens, I decided to join the forum.

I own a Honda Civic SMT and Honda Jazz SMT - yes, very loyal Honda fan. Planning to upgrade to Honda CRV soon. In addition, in two wheeled and pedalled version, I own a Schwinn and a Cannondale. My hobbies include travel, cooking, biking, skiing, and of course doing nerd stuff.

Quite happy to be part of the form. My Honda Jazz is taking a long road trip from Kanpur to Bangalore via Nagpur and Hyderabad and then from Bangalore to Ernakulam. Being a cross country driver in US, I believe that the best way to see any country is by driving.

Thanks again for the warm welcome in advance.
Welcome to TBHP Deepu!!

Nice to see that varied interests. Hope to hear a lot more on the travel via bangalore to ernakulam. I am from Bangalore, do reach out if you need any help, anytime.

Welcome once again.
Old 6th December 2013, 21:44   #6

Thanks for all the warm wishes, and the Jazz is now safe in Kerala. Travelled 2259 kilometres from Kanpur to Kerala. Some important updates for all of you.

1. Kanpur to Nagpur drive mostly was good, but there are two sections that are quite bad. One 20 kilometre stretch near Babina and one 40 km stretch before Nagpur through the forest area (near deori). Started from Kanpur at 2:00 PM and reached Nagpur at 6:00 AM.

2. Nagpur to Bangalore was much more pleasant, but some 38 kilometres after exiting Nagpur to Hyderabad is quite bad. Then there are stretches like 1-2 kilometre where road is broken, but for Jazz like vehicle, it is negotiable. Started from Nagpur at 8:30 AM and reached Bangalore (SBC area) at 12:15 AM. Did ORR at HYD as per Team BHP members' advice. HYD passed in a bliss. Airport to Hebbal was little confusing for me - many deviations and confusing signage. :(

3. Bangalore to Kerala, and the drive was the worst when it came to average speed. Started at 10:40 AM and reached the destination near Kottayam at 12:45 AM. Took two hours to reach from Bangalore railway divisional office to Electronic city toll. Also, I took the road to Pollachi from Avinashi. Before reaching Palladam, the local people turned us around stating that road closed. By that time, it started getting dark and the Jazz had to come back to Avinashi. However, the Coimbatore to Walayar was doable. Walayar traffic was bad. However, still no jams.

Anyway, was a good experience. Thanks for all Team BHP members for the help.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed